I have a Verizon LG G2 VS980 and have been having a string of issues lately. the phone keeps shutting itself off and won't turn back on unless I have it plugged in. I have tried a soft reset and also a factory reset, neither improved the problem. I suspect the charge port is shorting out, because I have a charge cable with an indicator light in the plug end of it. The light will flicker back and forth from drawing power to not drawing power, when the phone battery is low and should be charging steady. I was wondering if I could remove the charging port from the phone and just rely on the wireless charging. Any help would be appreciated.
    11-15-2015 02:40 PM
    I have a Verizon LG G2 VS980 and have been having a string of issues lately. the phone keeps shutting itself off and won't turn back on unless I have it plugged in. I have tried a soft reset and also a factory reset, neither improved the problem. I suspect the charge port is shorting out, because I have a charge cable with an indicator light in the plug end of it. The light will flicker back and forth from drawing power to not drawing power, when the phone battery is low and should be charging steady. I was wondering if I could remove the charging port from the phone and just rely on the wireless charging. Any help would be appreciated.
    Welcome to Android Central!

If you can get the phone set up with QI charging you can just use that to charge it. You wouldn't really need to remove the charging port though.
    11-19-2015 09:21 AM