LG G2 switched screen display, now I cannot log in

Indywar2

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I have a LG G2 that was working OK this morning. I had a pattern lock to unlock the phone.
This afternoon, I pressed the power button to bring it out of screensaver mode and have a different screen. The new screen is ~ 1" x 1", and the rest of my display is black, and is at the top of the screen showing either the time or the weather (I can scroll through them).

There is no place for the pattern unlock to occur. I have restarted the phone twice, and this still appears. When I press and hold the power button I get a message that says "power off." At the very bottom of the screen I can see what looks like the color of my old screen where the pattern lock was located (almost like this new screen is lying on top of the old screen), but I cannot access it.

Any ideas how I get rid of this change and log into my phone again?

Thanks,
Rob

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Power completely off. Wait about an hour. Try turning it on again.

If that doesn't fix it, see LG G2 for further assistance. A lot of the people there do development for the G2, and know it very well, and they may have had the same problem and know the fix.

Indywar2

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat.

I have tried that and no luck. I have also posted in the XDA G2 forrum, but no responses yet.

Hopefully, someone looking for a challenge will have seen the same thing. Hopefully, I am not the only person that has ever experienced this problem :)

Thanks,
Rob

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It happens sometimes. I just gave up on an HTC 816 that had an unremembered password lock, an unremembered Device Manager change in password, and wouldn't start in recovery so it couldn't be factory reset. Seems a lot of them have the same problem. Every model has some kind of problem we hope we never have to fix.

Indywar2

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I am already looking for an LG G3, but as luck would have it I just finished my contract with this LG G2 right before this happened. I would like to have given it to me kids, but that might not be in the cards.

Rob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance