It's usable now, but...

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
So, I had the lemon of lemons for a G2. I wanted to shoot it, I really did. But I had to have something till upgrade time. So I installed 5.11 and then CM13 Marshmallow. And guess what? it's actually usable now. No delays or hang ups. Ever. It's like a new phone that actually works. There are a couple minor issues in that there seems to be a few UI functions missing. The original G2 had a handy little icon on the bottom right that would bring the status bar down instead of having to swipe it down. Not necessary but very convenient. In fact, there were four or five icons at the very bottom and they were totally selectable. Now there are only three and they are somewhat selectable. The double tap function only works to turn the display on. It won't turn it off. And I can't seem to find the setting that lets my main screen and app menus wrap around or change the page style. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.
Anyway, I don't feel the need to put a bullet through it anymore. Thank you, CM13! But I'm still going back to a Samsung device when I can.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
the double tap to sleep function is a launcher function, not a kernel function (which it is for waking). A launcher like Nova Launcher might get you a lot of what you want as far as the scrolling, etc.

As for the nav bar, you need to find another custom from for the G2 that adds those in... it's a common feature for custom ROMS.

Oh, and it doesn't surprise me that the G2 is usable on 6.0.... that thing has pretty good hardware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad