Hi,

I just got this phone from Virgin mobile and i love it, with the exception of one thing. The phone decided to sync contacts from my email, facebook, and even spam contacts that i don't communicate with into this phone. I now have thousands of contacts on my phone that i never have even met and some that it won't even let me delete. even an abusive boyfriend from years ago that i had blocked on multiple sites made his way back into my phone. Is there a way i can undo this sync or do i have to go through and delete all of them by hand? And how do i get rid of the contacts that it won't let me traditionally delete?
    10-16-2016 09:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, go to Settings>Accounts, and select each account that you see. If there's an option to sync Contacts from an account that you don't want, make sure it's unchecked. Then go to Settings>Accounts, select Contacts (and Contact Storage, if it's present), and Clear Cache/Clear Data (but only if your important contacts aren't saved to the local Phone account -- if you Clear Data, locally saved contacts will be erased, and can't be restored if they weren't manually backed up somewhere by you). Assuming your important contacts were saved to your Google account (which is what I always strongly recommend), your Contacts database should resync with your Google account, and the other accounts you didn't want to sync shouldn't come back.
    10-18-2016 04:19 AM