My phone doesn't have a bootloader...

TNShark

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
I have an Lg g2 (VS980AA) that when I try to turn on into bootloader (power + volume up), it goes to a white screen that says "Factory reset?" and gives me controls to select yes/no and that's it. (When I press and hold power + volume down, it starts up into safe mode.) When I try use the "start up into bootloader" option from the recover mode, (Which I can only get to from connecting a computer and using the "adb reboot recovery" command.) it just restarts normally. I looked around on my phone and it says that my phone is modified. I don't have root, and whenever I try, no matter what, doesn't work.

Currently I'm trying root, install TWRP, and a higher version of android, but until I fix this, I can't really acomplish anything. I've researched many ways to do this, but it either requires a bootloader or you need to have root. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do any of those...

TNShark

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
I just tried the rooting app called stump root and it told me that my device was patched. Could this be a problem?