Hi everyone,

I own my LG2 for about two years now, and lately I noticed It's over-heat pretty easily (just by being in my pocket). It's got to a situation where I see the dreadful yellow tint on the corner of my phone. I understand the only way to make it go away is by replacing the screen, and because I don't have warranty active, I will have to leave with that. However, I would like to know why the phone going hot. I'm using the Stock 4.4 version. Is that a common problem with LG2? Dust in it? maybe some app going nasty? is there a way to know what overheat it? Bluestacks TextNow VPN

Thanks!
    10-11-2018 01:00 AM
    probably an app causing it (but could be a number of other things eg cryptomining malware, hardware fault (maybe related to your screen issue?)) is phone runing slower as well? look at your battery usage see which apps is using a lot of battery, for a more immediate indicator look it which apps are running using which apps are running services. If nothing stands out, boot your phone into safe mode (so that no 3rd party apps run) then check if still overheating. If not overheating you then know it's an app. If still overheating something more serious, take to repair shop probably. (though might want to try antivirus if you think it's likely you have cryptominer malware)

If heat is coming from battery, stop using immediately dispose of safely & get a new battery!!!

PS sorry don't have his phone or android version so only general suggestion
    10-11-2018 02:02 AM