Anybody bought an LG G3 beat (or s) ?

toggeli

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I thought it could be a nice replacement of my current Galaxy S2. Exchangeable battery, not too large, SD-card present and LCD-screen (no burn-in like AMOLED) are positive points I think. But I wonder if anybody on the forums has already bought one?

Jason Gilbert

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just bought the Vigor (obnoxious name) on AT&T. I am coming from Windows Phone (had an unhappy Android experience a couple of years ago) and ordered a Lumia 1520, but it was way too large so I traded it in for the LG. So far I'm pretty happy with it. The build quality is excellent, it's just the right size, and I like having an SD card slot and removable battery (which is what turned off about the Moto X). Android on the LG is much better than the version on my Galaxy Tab 3 (even with Kitkat), and I'm looking forward to Android L. It's still a little fussy and wants to remind me of something every 20 seconds. I'll be spending some time reigning it in. Now I just need to hunt down a good case for it.

Update (10/21/14):

I've had the Vigor (the name is still obnoxious) for about a week now, and I'm pretty happy with it. Still very little lag, and it still looks and feels nice. I got a hard snap on case from Amazon, the "Kaleidio Hard Snap-On Case Cover for LG G3 Vigor." At $6.95 including shipping it was a steal. It fits well, offers impressive protection with a good bumper around the screen, and adds some color.

I've reigned in some of the notifications, but they're still annoying and make me miss Windows Phone. All that crap at the top of the screen and nothing happening with the icons just seems like an inefficient way of doing things.

The pictures are decent, but backing up with the Google Photos app is more annoying than it needs to be. One more notification to hunt down and silence. Don't give me a pop-up telling me that you've backed up my photos, just do it. Also, it keeps asking me if I want to use the Gallery app. Having more than one app to accomplish the same thing is annoying and redundant.

A few other things not mentioned. Wi-fi is great, with good reception and quick connections. Haven't had much of a chance to use Bluetooth on anything yet. LTE connectivity is good (I live in an area with good AT&T coverage) with speeds that seem reasonably fast. Call quality is good, though I haven't had a chance to call anyone with AT&T's HD voice service on their phone. Music quality is good through headphones and an aux cable in the car.

If I had one real complaint, it is that battery life is mediocre. It's tough to make it through a day on a charge. Hopefully this gets better with Lollipop.

WP_20141021_001.jpgWP_20141021_002.jpgWP_20141021_003.jpgWP_20141021_004.jpg

Last edited:

sramse05

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a Vigor as well and am having good luck with it. Great display, performs well (no latency to speak of), and camera is solid. In all a great price value.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What games do you play and how well does the Vigor handle them? Speed of launching game, graphics, lag, battery drain, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I would like to get 1 of these but I only found it on amazon and its not the usa version also if I do get it will it work on T-Mobile ?

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I bought my lg g3 beat a couple days ago and I love it I have had no problems with it at all. And my case came in the mail today I just got the case this morning before I went to work. And I have a glass screen protector coming in the mail on sunday. So I am pretty satisfied with my phone and the case

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11