Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Just got this from ebay uk and had it a few days and gotta say its a decent "mini" of the g3.. Had the g3 but battery was horrid. Updated to 5.0.2 and runs very good i didnt expect it to be as good as it is..

I like the screen quality, perfect screen size for 1 handed use, good camrea for what it is, the little snapdragon 400 holds up very well with the software, battery is good ( about 6hours ost) and the fact lg has brought the laser auto focus, lte, rear mounted keys, nfc, removable back with sd card storage ect is awsome.. I was going to buy the m8 mini or the moto g 2nd gen but as i loved the g3 software and features i choose this..

Only thing i dont like much is lg could of put 16gb on board storage instead of a measly 8gb but i dont use a mass amount of storage anyway plus have a 32gb card so bottom line i. Think its a thumbs up to lg for the lg g3s.... Just my opinion of course but what experiences has everyone else had??

Posted via the Android Central App

Djiribundi

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been on my g3s (same as beat) for 2 weeks.
I real like it. It's quite different from that iphony/samsungy design and has some cool features, as you mentioned, that separates it from others at the same price. It's also really light and the screen ratio is quite something.
I must say that I'm impressed with battery life. It gets me through the day and I rarely go under 40%.
I know its not an exclusive feature but the quick-circle is... Meh. What could easily be something really interesting, is actually something that allows no personalization at all and forces you to use stock apps to get some value from it.
The camera: it does what its supposed to do, but the autofocus could be smarter. If I'm taking photos from A4 sheets, some will get blurred in nearly a third of the area. I must keep forcing it to focus it right. I had a galaxy gio, with a 3mp camera that did a much more efficient job. In everything else, it lives up to expectations.
Overall, I'm really happy with it and I don't plan on switching it soon

Lauren Rachel

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I've had it a couple of weeks. Got it for $250AUD. What sold me on it over the Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen which was the same price, was the removable battery and it was 4G. Bad points - 8GB internal storage fills up quickly with 4gb of system data. Can be sluggish. Doesn't have automatic brightness adjustment. Notifications keep coming back after you've swiped them away. Can't move everything to the SD card or choose the SD card for all media.

Love the 5" screen size, was a bit surprised about the no buttons on the side thing but quickly got used to the buttons being on the back. Coming from a 3 year old HTC, and a crappy Huawei Ascend Y320 that was my inbetween phone, I like the colours and the feel.

When I bought it, I had it in my head to buy the Motorole Moto G 2nd Gen because it had had such great reviews but in the shop, they had this for the same price and I hadn't considered it before but for the reasons mentioned above, that's why I went for it.

Its great for those who can't afford a $500 - $1000 phone, but want something with good size. But if you can get something similar for around the same price with more internal storage, I would definitely recommend going with that

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Ive had to send it back for a refund as the bottom microphone dosent work and had to take a call on loudspeaker. I had it on kitkat and had minor lag them updated it to lollipop and factory reset it then it ran flawless concidering the small chip and 1gb of ram.. once ive got the refund i may concider buying another or may take a week to find another phone cause ive been looking at the moto g 2015 ( moto g 2014 4g) and it seems a legit phone for the price and the screen looks like it could be a better quality pannel than the g3s. But all though i had the big g3 and disliked the battery life i may concider another as there £225 on ebay uk new and sealed and i think once the g3 has 5.1 i think it could solve alot of the battery issues plus theres the case of the big g3 will be more future proof for updates aswell. Ill call back soon to update u all

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca