LG G3 VS985 Wi-Fi turns off when screen goes off.

SJMaye

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
As the title states. The phone turns off wifi when the screen goes black. I went to advanced wifi settings and and checked, "Keep wifi on when screen turns off". Still shuts off.

I need it to stay connected to wifi. Can someone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That can be tough to pinpoint sometimes -- you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. Which Android version is that phone running? I'm wondering if there's a way to look at individual permissions, but with older Android versions, there may not be.

If you have any 3rd party battery-savers, phone cleaners, memory boosters, file managers, or gallery apps installed, focus on them.

SJMaye

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I am running Android 6.0. I don't use any performance/utility apps. There is the usual bloatware on there from Verizon that I cannot remove. Let me have a closer look. Maybe I am missing something.

SJMaye

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Hey B. Diddy,

Wanted to let you know that I went through my apps on the phone. Like I said, I never use those sort of memory or battery life saver optimizers. With that said, I had a number of apps I no longer use. I uninstalled them. So far wifi is working correctly by not turning off.

Thanks for your help.

SJMaye

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Spoke too soon. The wifi continues to turn off. Seems to stop for a little while when I reboot the phone, but cannot be for sure.

Couple of questions - I understand what you are saying about removing the apps one-by-one. Before doing that I wanted to know if there is a simple way or app that can help be uninstall the bundled bloatware that came on the phone from Verizon. I simply don't want any of it. I had considered a clean install if I knew how to do it. Flush it once and for all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of a way to uninstall the preinstalled bloatware on a device without rooting. Samsung is know for having the Package Disabler Pro app that can disable bloatware (that otherwise can't be natively), and it looks like someone developed a similar app for LG: Package disabler pro for LG.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae