I used GV for several years, however when I bought a new phone I ceased using the service (I have experience with the service). Now, a year later I decided to restart using GV and ported my cell number to them. Upon completion of the port I called my service provider and was given a random phone number for my phone.

Everything is working fine with my G3 using the GV app. My issue with is calls coming in for the previous owner of tha trandom phone number I was given. I can tell this because they only ring on the phone dialing app and not on GV.

I use the GV app exclusively and have no need for the phone's dialing app. I thought I could delete or somehow disable the app, but it is not even listed under applications. I just want the calls to that random number I was given to stop and see no way to do that.

Does anyone have an idea?
    10-04-2020 05:35 AM
    Are these spam calls, or calls from actual contacts of the previous number's owner?
    10-04-2020 11:57 AM
    Just looking up the numbers they appear to all be spam. I get even more texts from spammers to the previous owner of this number as well. I see no way to shutdown those apps. I was looking for a switch to block all calls. No such thing.

I don't fully understand Google Voice. What I believe happens is they call my GV number. It is forwarded to the service number assigned to my phone from my carrier. Only the GV app rings with the call. If someone calls the service number it goes directly to my phone and only the phones dialing app rings.

As for texts, I think if they text my GV number it goes directly to my GV app. This way the text is not counted against my plan. If they text the service number the texts go directly to the default text messaging app.

I am not getting alerts when you reply. The sunscribe box is checked. Not sure what is going on.
    10-05-2020 05:45 AM
    Which wireless carrier do you have? Some carriers have decent spam/robocall blocking services.
    10-05-2020 03:50 PM
    Hello, B. Diddy. Sorry, again, for the late reply. I still don't get alerts and I forget about my posts. I know I have the alert box ticked. Not in spam either.

I use Red Pocket Mobile on the Verizon network. I since I was on an MVNO I did not know if I could use Verizon blocking services.
    10-08-2020 05:03 AM
    See if this helps: https://help.redpocket.com/hc/en-us/...t%20to%20block.
    10-08-2020 09:43 AM
    <embarrassed> I never even thought an MVNO would have instructions on this. With that said, none of their instructions matched my phone dialer app. There is no place whatsoever to block a call.

I will, however, try the Hiya app. Thank you, B.Diddy
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-09-2020 04:45 AM
    I used GV for several years, however when I bought a new phone I ceased using the service (I have experience with the service). Now, a year later I decided to restart using GV and ported my cell number to them. Upon completion of the port I called my service provider and was given a random phone number for my phone.

Everything is working fine with my G3 using the GV app. My issue with is calls coming in for the previous owner of tha trandom phone number I was given. I can tell this because they only ring on the phone dialing app and not on GV.

I use the GV app exclusively and have no need for the phone's dialing app. I thought I could delete or somehow disable the app, but it is not even listed under applications. I just want the calls to that random number I was given to stop and see no way to do that.

Does anyone have an idea?
    I've noticed quirks lately with Google Voice not being as reliable as I usually felt. Not really adding much to helping you unfortunately.

The point is that I'm finding it doesn't seem as useful or supported by Google as it used to be, for me at least.
    10-09-2020 12:04 PM