Yesterday a Rumor Stated the G3 Could Come W/ Octa-Core Processor. Today's Rumor, 2GB RAM.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
For a phone I really friggin' want, the rumor mill is starting to get on my nerves. This article, posted today, says the G3 is coming with 2GB RAM. LG G3 leaked pictures: Similar design to the HTC One (M8) | BGR

What happened to 3GB RAM? I know these are rumors and shouldn't be easily bought into, but May 27th is quickly approaching and I would have figured by now, with only 2 weeks before debut, there would be more fact floating around the net. If it does come with 2GB RAM, I'll be picking up the Xperia Z2. I really hate the rumor phase of cell phone release.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
We have 14 days to go. I kind of think LG will drop a killer phone on us. Remember Qualcomm said a phone would be launched in May with a Snapdragon 805. With that, 3 GB of Ram, removable battery, micro Sd, and quad HD, we are ready to jump on the best phone of 2014!!

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the rumors are usually high on expectations followed by disappointment when the actual announcement is made. We can only hope this time it's different.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would like 3GB of ram just for the sake of further future proofing the phone. That being said, my G2 flies with it's 2GB and really there's not many times I'm stuck saying to myself "damn this thing really needs more ram".

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Open a bunch of apps on your phone and you'll see 2GB is enough.

Getting caught up in rumors adds to expectations, which ultimately leads to disappointment.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I know it's not the main reason but my greater point is that the G2 flies, period. The spec junkie side of me hopes the G3 is absolutely loaded with greater specs but I wouldn't turn it down just because it's got just some of the same as the G2.

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
For a phone I really friggin' want, the rumor mill is starting to get on my nerves. This article, posted today, says the G3 is coming with 2GB RAM. LG G3 leaked pictures: Similar design to the HTC One (M8) | BGR

What happened to 3GB RAM? I know these are rumors and shouldn't be easily bought into, but May 27th is quickly approaching and I would have figured by now, with only 2 weeks before debut, there would be more fact and less bull$hit floating around the net. If it does come with 2GB RAM, I'll be picking up the Xperia Z2. I really hate the rumor phase of cell phone release.

You also have to realize that may 27 the phone won't go on sale .... it will be later the qhd screen just got approval like 2 days ago ... so a lot can change quickly. .. The first rumors were snapdragon 800 but you know that won't be it ... They were using a 800 to test other things .... The only thing is if they can get the Odin Chip approved and into production and that is probably a no .... The other thing is if qualcomm 10 million + snapdragon 805 chips.
Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh so now you call it QHD? Nope! About what, 3.6 or 3.7 Mpx screen is what LG just got lab certified by that European firm. Plenty larger than 2 Mpx, sure. But 3840x2160, the minimum for Quad HD is 8.3 Mpx.

Or are they now pushing just QHD as a term like the old QVGA from the PDA era? Not quad but just larger than FHD?

As to the RAM....it may matter to gaming and ultra rez compositing, actually. So yeah 3GB sounds good. My G Flex flies thru multi tasking with only 2GB but it only has a 0.9 Mpx (!!) screen.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm about as nerdy as they get. I started with my Bachelor's in mechanical engineering, got my Master's in theoretical physics, then my Ph.D in theoretical physics. So yeah, I'm a nerd. I enjoy having the latest and greatest technology. Even though 3GB in relation to 2GB is incidental, the inner geek in me wants 3GB. My Galaxy S4, prior to 4.4.2, sped nicely through gaming and multitasking. And considering upgrades are generally kept for two years, I'd like to own a phone that won't quickly turn obsolete.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh so now you call it QHD? Nope! About what, 3.6 or 3.7 Mpx screen is what LG just got lab certified by that European firm. Plenty larger than 2 Mpx, sure. But 3840x2160, the minimum for Quad HD is 8.3 Mpx.

Or are they now pushing just QHD as a term like the old QVGA from the PDA era? Not quad but just larger than FHD?

As to the RAM....it may matter to gaming and ultra rez compositing, actually. So yeah 3GB sounds good. My G Flex flies thru multi tasking with only 2GB but it only has a 0.9 Mpx (!!) screen.

The CNET staff are calling it a QHD. Where is the technical definition of a QHD?

http://www.cnet.com/news/leaked-lg-g3-images-provide-best-look-yet/

scy1192

May 15, 2014
Visit site
There is no consensus, some companies advertise even 540x960 as QHD, in that case more QUASI than QUAD lol.

So we'll see what it launches at?
There's a difference between QHD (Quad HD) and qHD (Quarter HD)

Quad HD = 4x the area of 1280x720
Quarter HD = 1/4 the area of 1920x1080

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

What happened to 3GB RAM? I know these are rumors and shouldn't be easily bought into, but May 27th is quickly approaching and I would have figured by now, with only 2 weeks before debut, there would be more fact and less bull$hit floating around the net. If it does come with 2GB RAM, I'll be picking up the Xperia Z2. I really hate the rumor phase of cell phone release.

Hope you enjoy your new Xperia Z2 as the G2 will only have 2GB of ram

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
There's a difference between QHD (Quad HD) and qHD (Quarter HD)

Quad HD = 4x the area of 1280x720
Quarter HD = 1/4 the area of 1920x1080

Ahhhh marketing. They are both always listed in all caps. Never mind the problem immediately seen. Worse than the same acronym, their base for HD is also different. We all know the nonsense of HD 720p vs HD 1080i vs FHD 1080p already. So now it goes:

QHD 960x540p
HD 1280x720p
HD 1920x1080i
FHD 1920x1080p
QHD 2560x1440p
UHD 3840x2160p
4K 4000x2000p

And etc etc etc....the acronym guys need to all be kicked out and taught how to count.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital