Why the G3 just might be the most important phone to date

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually think the new moto devices will be more important than the g3. The g3 after the specs leaked no longer seems like a beast of a device (snap801 really lg?) I feel like they leave that one thing to be desired, sort of like HTC did. Honestly, people will continue eating up samsung no matter how much better other phones are. I used to be a fan of samsung, but Touchwiz needs a serious overhaul, and debloating. It will be interested to see with the "prime" phones if it finally turns the tide for others to combat samsung and the stranglehold they have on the android marketshare.
Not to mention it appears the note line is samsungs "flagship" now and it shows with the minor updates to the galaxy line, yet the note line seemingly getting all of the future proof specs (processor, ram, etc)

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I actually think the new moto devices will be more important than the g3. The g3 after the specs leaked no longer seems like a beast of a device (snap801 really lg?) I feel like they leave that one thing to be desired, sort of like HTC did. Honestly, people will continue eating up samsung no matter how much better other phones are. I used to be a fan of samsung, but Touchwiz needs a serious overhaul, and debloating. It will be interested to see with the "prime" phones if it finally turns the tide for others to combat samsung and the stranglehold they have on the android marketshare.
Not to mention it appears the note line is samsungs "flagship" now and it shows with the minor updates to the galaxy line, yet the note line seemingly getting all of the future proof specs (processor, ram, etc)

What was lg to do ???

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/05/21/where-is-qualcomm-incs-snapdragon-805.aspx

With lte not on the SOC ... They did the only thing they could use 801
Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
There are more chip makers than just Qualcomm..

Tegra 4 thank God they didn't put that junk in it .... Intel whatever .. Mediatek ..

There is a reason everyone uses Qualcomm .... Look even Samsung has had problems with lte on exynos chips ... And we don't know if the Odin chips are ready or not ... There are lots of SOC chip manufactures but there are only a couple that are top of the line

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
They would have had gone with S805 if it was available but S805 will be only be available after Q3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Its sad lg is going for marketing instead of real world performance...
Full HD is more than enough already.

I think LG is indeed making realworld performance an obvious quality of the phone. But the screen is in a class of its own, so why not use every differentiating characteristic as a selling point? The bottom line, it has an awesome reputation, and it hasn't even been released yet! I'd say their marketing strategy has worked well in their favor.

Posted via Android Central App

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I think LG is indeed making realworld performance an obvious quality of the phone. But the screen is in a class of its own, so why not use every differentiating characteristic as a selling point? The bottom line, it has an awesome reputation, and it hasn't even been released yet! I'd say their marketing strategy has worked well in their favor.

I hope so
But they don't need the QHD display really with S801 I would be happy with a FHD display really if it is a good phone overall like G2,they just don't have the horsepower to drive that display and I want it to be better phone than G2 in every aspect(like gaming which would be a concern with S801 and QHD) ,well that's just my need
Pretty samsungish I would say.
Actually I have a s3 right now so yeah if I will get something then it should last at least 2 years if not 3...

kingmac38

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I hope so
But they don't need the QHD display really with S801 I would be happy with a FHD display really if it is a good phone overall like G2,they just don't have the horsepower to drive that display and I want it to be better phone than G2 in every aspect(like gaming which would be a concern with S801 and QHD) ,well that's just my need
Pretty samsungish I would say.
Actually I have a s3 right now so yeah if I will get something then it should last at least 2 years if not 3...

But you are complaining and haven't even held the phone yet ... The benchmarks I have seen put it above the m8 so it's not bad ... just chill and wait until the 27 th we will find out more and then you well begin to see more benchmarks and info before they begin to sell ...

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
But you are complaining and haven't even held the phone yet ... The benchmarks I have seen put it above the m8 so it's not bad ... just chill and wait until the 27 th we will find out more and then you well begin to see more benchmarks and info before they begin to sell ...

Actual G3 benchmarks!?!?! Where??? I haven't seen those!

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Which benchmarks?
M8 and S5 have a lower resolution compared to G3 and all 3 have S801 so yea it doesn't take a genius to figure out...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How would one measure overall success of the device?

Will the LG G3 lead LG into claiming more marketshare? In global percentage, Samsung tops at around 31% with Apple at 15%. LG is part of that pool of "other" at 44%. I'm assuming is under 4.7% since Huawei and Lenovo are broken out but LG is lumped in with "other". In the US, it's 41% Apple and 27% Samsung with LG at 6%. Can the G3 bump it up to double digits?

Will the tech community crown the G3 best phone of 2014 or best phone to buy right now (when it's released)? The One (M7) won big with the tech community in 2013, but that didn't translate into a healthy HTC. The G2, Nexus 5, One M8, and GS5 are all solid devices. Yet people in the tech community like Phil Nickinson, Jerry Hildenbrand, and JR Raphael keep coming back to the Moto X.

Even with the screen resolution, I don't see the G3 as an industry game changer.

Current era started with the iPhone but the only other game changers IMO were the original Motorola DROID because of the marketing push Verizon put behind it, the Samsung Galaxy S3 because Samsung was finally able to break carrier exclusive flagships, and the Nexus 4 because of Google's price push.

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Even with the screen resolution, I don't see the G3 as an industry game changer.

Current era started with the iPhone but the only other game changers IMO were the original Motorola DROID because of the marketing push Verizon put behind it, the Samsung Galaxy SIII because Samsung was finally able to break carrier exclusive flagships, and the Nexus 4 because of Google's price push.

I still come across people that say "i just got a Droid" or "I switched to Droid" but they are holding a Samsung S4 or Note lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad