LG G3: Verizon

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely go check one out in store and see how it feels in hand. I really like what LG is doing and really pushing the bar higher.

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I really hope Big Red doesn't screw us over by only offering the 16gb internal /2gb RAM model. MicroSD, removable battery, thin bezels... I'm going to tentatively say that LG has really nailed it with the G3.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
At least (so far) it looks like Verizon won't screw up the back buttons by going flatter and smaller than all other versions. I think Verizon will carry both versions at launch - the 16GB/2GB model @ $199, and the 32 GB/3GB model @ $249 (although I could see it going to Note Territory @ $299 at launch). I bought the 32 GB GS3 at launch and it is still a very capable phone 2 years later with 2 GB RAM, dual core Snapdragon, and 720P display. I believe buying the higher storage model will aid its longevity and may make it slightly faster by keeping more apps in RAM.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon always brands. Learned that from this M8.... But they did the front as well here... Interesting lol.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
And hopefully they'll have both white and black. When I asked for the white G2 around launch time no one at the Verizon store had a clue what I was talking about. They barely knew what the G2 was when I asked about it period. And yes, please don't let them screw up the buttons again. I hated the ones on the G2. Never used them.

DrPreeth

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Verizon always brands. Learned that from this M8.... But they did the front as well here... Interesting lol.

They did it with the G2 as well. So I popped into a local Verizon store today; the rep there said Verizon wants to get the phone out ASAP, to beat the rush for the new iPhone. He said all Verizon has told them is "Summer", but knowing Verizon, he said most likely that within 30 days or so, the phone will launch. I told him that i hope Verizon carries the 32GB model, he seemed to say that that's the model they will have. It doesn't make sense for them to have a 16GB G3 and a 32GB G2. The Galaxy S5 is $99 now...knowing Verizon, the phone will launch at $199, and then end up at $99 a month later...I'm gonna wait until the price drops.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
People get so bent out of shape over the smallest things. If the logo is the only thing to complain about lg is doing something right

Because its stupid for Verizon to add their logo on both the front and back of the device.

At the very least, they could have replaced the LG logo with theirs. Instead, they shoehorn it into the top corner. It distracts from an otherwise nicely designed phone.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Because its stupid for Verizon to add their logo on both the front and back of the device.

At the very least, they could have replaced the LG logo with theirs. Instead, they shoehorn it into the top corner. It distracts from an otherwise nicely designed phone.

Distracts? Honestly when using any device do you REALLY notice the branding when you're using it? My goodness people whine over the simplest of things.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not always... My Verizon moto g has no carrier branding front or back.

My s3 and Note 3 only had branding on the back cover... I bought the Wireless charging back which didn't have carrier branding. You can also buy the regular back without carrier branding or various third party options

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You should complain to lg. If lg offered to remove their logo and put the Verizon one instead then I am sure Verizon would agree.

Also since other manufacturers were able to release devices without Verizon branding on the front, I am sure Verizon would be OK without the logo on the front all together, perhaps if lg would offer Verizon a lower cost or something.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't removable on the G2 so I would expect that it would be the same for the G3. As for those that are telling people to stop whining about the logos, some (including myself) can be very particular about the aesthetics of their phone. My main issue is that the logos (especially on the front) are absolutely unnecessary. While I do understand that logos are placed to advertise who made the product and such, it's not like I'm suddenly going to forget that my phone is on the Verizon network with the huge Verizon and 4G LTE logo on the back, the Verizon logo on startup, the Verizon branding on the notification shade, the utterly useless and non-removable Verizon applications, etc. And it also sure as hell isn't going to make anyone think "I'm switching to Verizon!" after seeing that obtrusive logo on the front since 95% of the time, I'm the only one looking at my phone... and I haven't forgotten which network I'm using (see above). Basically, it boils down to branding fatigue... I know what device I'm using, I know what network I'm on, I don't need a logo to shove it in my face everytime I use my device.

Making a big deal out of nothing? Yeah, pretty much... but still irritating like a splinter in your finger. It's not going to kill you but it'll definitely be on your mind.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't removable on the G2 so I would expect that it would be the same for the G3. As for those that are telling people to stop whining about the logos, some (including myself) can be very particular about the aesthetics of their phone. My main issue is that the logos (especially on the front) are absolutely unnecessary. While I do understand that logos are placed to advertise who made the product and such, it's not like I'm suddenly going to forget that my phone is on the Verizon network with the huge Verizon and 4G LTE logo on the back, the Verizon logo on startup, the Verizon branding on the notification shade, the utterly useless and non-removable Verizon applications, etc. And it also sure as hell isn't going to make anyone think "I'm switching to Verizon!" after seeing that obtrusive logo on the front since 95% of the time, I'm the only one looking at my phone... and I haven't forgotten which network I'm using (see above). Basically, it boils down to branding fatigue... I know what device I'm using, I know what network I'm on, I don't need a logo to shove it in my face everytime I use my device.

Making a big deal out of nothing? Yeah, pretty much... but still irritating like a splinter in your finger. It's not going to kill you but it'll definitely be on your mind.

I certainly can't possibly forget that I'm on the Verizon network....
Not when they are nice enough to mail me a nice $200+ reminder
every billing cycle. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks