G3 Security features (LG's Knox)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think of their remote wipe and kill switch with their version of Knox? (okay it's not Knox but that's something we can compare it to).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think of their remote wipe and kill switch with their version of Knox? (okay it's not Knox but that's something we can compare it to).

The Gov is talking about making all phones have that Kill Switch since it is to eliminate people doing snatch and grabs on your phone. Their idea is if all phones had it then it was a waste of time to steal them. I just wonder if I can reverse it after I hit kill or if it is then a brick for me even if I recover it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The Gov is talking about making all phones have that Kill Switch since it is to eliminate people doing snatch and grabs on your phone. Their idea is if all phones had it then it was a waste of time to steal them. I just wonder if I can reverse it after I hit kill or if it is then a brick for me even if I recover it?

Probably a brick after execution.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Probably a brick after execution.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

I have only lost phone one time in my life at Disney World on a ride but it was returned a few hours after. It would ticked me off if I had bricked my phone then. I saw this in this LG G3 article about Apple and Samsung versions.

In September, Apple added "activation lock," a feature that makes it harder for someone to use a stolen iPhone. The program requires a user's Apple ID and password before they can turn off the phone's location tracking or reactivate a locked phone. Last month, Samsung, maker of the popular Galaxy smartphone line, launched "reactivation lock," which prevents a locked phone from being made operable again, even through a factory reset. LG adds 'kill-switch' security feature to G3 - CNET

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have only lost phone one time in my life at Disney World on a ride but it was returned a few hours after. It would ticked me off if I had bricked my phone then. I saw this in this LG G3 article about Apple and Samsung versions.

If insurance companies would allow a claim against that, I wouldn't be so angry. Either way, you would be spending the deductible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn