is the front facing camera really as bad as reported?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
is the front facing camera really as bad as reported? several Android sites report the same thing...(from the editors who attended the launch events)

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what "They" were looking at. Here is a quick and dirty cropped shot from the FFC. This is 10x better than my HTC EVO 4GLTE.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Selfies. I can't believe the word made it into the dictionary.

We must hope for intelligent dictionaries in the future, that will refuse to even acknowledge the existence of such words.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The appearance on my screen of a hideously unnatural-looking alien planet lit by a ghastly greenish sun confused me for a moment, until I realised I was looking stupidly at my own face. Not for the first I had accidentally activated the FFC. I once did this AND took a photo when inspecting a demo S5 in a store, and spent long minutes poking at the unfamiliar buttons before I succeeded in deleting it. The people of my home town owe me for that.

Forum members who look like krijmo need have no such concerns.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The FFC photos on this thread are good. I don't like the way I must turn the silly slider down all the way to get a clear shot and not that softened artificial look.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
On the subject of FFCs, I'm surprised that the conspiracy-theory-believers don't seem to have picked up on this one. I imagine it might be technically possible for governments and security agencies to observe their citizens through FFC's and webcams, the same as through the television sets in the novel '1984'. Whether it's actually done I have no idea, and not much interest, but some people would very readily believe it to be true so why aren't they insisting that we all wake up and realise we're being watched?