Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Buying The G3?

dmullins8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
After reading some of the reviews, even though most are about the foreign version, are you having second thought about buying the G3?

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Some reviews give reason to believe that the display is not as bright and contrasty as one could wish, and that sharpening has been used to questionable effect. Also, device heating. Also, a long charge time. Several times in fact in the last few weeks I've decided not to go for the G3 after all, then changed my mind again.
534ppi and a relatively low price make it so tempting, don't they?

dmullins8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree, one minute i want to buy it, the next I don't. Basically for me they have to get some of the bugs out before I buy or I'm going to the M8.

rmross76

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been. I've been trying to decide between this and the Xperia Z2 and I was leaning toward the G3 until I started seeing some reviews downplaying the display and casting some doubts on the battery life as well.

I'm waiting until after I/O to make any decision, but I'm leaning back toward the Z2 now.

Granted I'm coming from a Galaxy S2 so either phone is a massive upgrade no matter what.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree, one minute i want to buy it, the next I don't. Basically for me they have to get some of the bugs out before I buy or I'm going to the M8.

the m8 has well known issues with the camera lenses scratching.

Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
the m8 has well known issues with the camera lenses scratching.

Sent from Surulere, lagos. Nigeria.

Yes, I seem to remember reading that somewhere, also it's 4mp so for me as a camera nut that's out. The Z2 would be my choice after the G3, but it's fearfully expensive. The Oppo Find (7a is it?) looks an interesting 1440p alternative to the G3 but would not be available to me in UK high street retailers which is where I prefer to buy.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the Z2 but after I bought the Display was disappointing compared to my S5. It was always the first thing my family and friends noticed. I guess it's the reason why I sold it...to buy the G3.

Pro S5

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
The longer its not out here in the US, just gives consumers more time to think about other devices coming out. The way I feel, I've waited this long, !right as well wait another couple months! I've had my upgrade since February, but been waiting on lg g3, since the s5 didn't really woo me to much.

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
If LG didn't take so damn long to get some product out here in the states I would have willingly bought one already.

It's easy to forget that it's been released in SK already, so I do wonder if consumers there are finding any of the issues highlighted by reviewers to be relevant in everyday usage.

JBConforti

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
As with every thing the more I think about it, the more I worry. Now that rumors that the z2 are coming to verizon its make me very hesitant to jump. Thinking about maybe picking up the g2 and waiting for the Iphone 6 or the z2 on verizon.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
After reading some of the reviews, even though most are about the foreign version, are you having second thought about buying the G3?

I am. Not because of the reviews, but because of the Motorola x + 1 intriguing me more and more every day the lg isn't out...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You'd think that some of the SK owners would post some comments...we must have some members there.
Also, you hardly dare buy a G2 handset outright at the moment, because you know that the G3 may cause it to drop in price just AFTER you buy, losing you a pile of dough.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Naw, still interested. Consider this, every new "flagship" phone has its issues as well those that love them and those that hate them. Thankfully for me most of the issues that people nitpick about are for the most part irrelevant. The need for 10 hour on screen time, 20 hour battery life, hating logos on the phone, wanting resolution so good but our eyes are not capable of telling the difference.... and on and on. The technology has in the past couple of years surpassed most of us and we will use the next new phone exactly the way we did our last. Lag? What's lag? Isn't that relative and subjective? I haven't experienced lag that I can think since my Nextel Windows phone... My Droid X, X2, BIONIC, S3, Galaxy Nexus, DNA, M7 and Note3 were (are) very fast, relative to the technology that was (is) available.
I like the look of the G3, laser focus, screen size and in spite of some of the negative batter reviews it still falls well within my needs. I remember when you couldn't get half a day out of any phone.
Do I need this phone? Not on your life but I like it and I am betting that it will more than meet my reasonable requirements.

MisterMogul

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been. I've been trying to decide between this and the Xperia Z2 and I was leaning toward the G3 until I started seeing some reviews downplaying the display and casting some doubts on the battery life as well.

I'm waiting until after I/O to make any decision, but I'm leaning back toward the Z2 now.

Granted I'm coming from a Galaxy S2 so either phone is a massive upgrade no matter what.

I said the very same thing to a friend today. I'm hoping that the HTC One M8 Prime is real (wishful thinking) but if it isn't , I'll gp to the M8.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I am. Not because of the reviews, but because of the Motorola x + 1 intriguing me more and more every day the lg isn't out...

The battery on it will likely be too small. Its hard to go to anything much smaller than my Droid Maxx now. That's one of my hang ups with the G3. Have to see how well they do with that battery.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the M8 currently. I hate it. It was a step backwards from my G2. I've been patiently waiting for the G3, but I've been getting closer and closer to purchasing a G2 off Swappa and selling my M8. In fact, I will probably do that this week. Then I will make a decision on the G3 later. This way I don't have to purchase one on launch day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia