LG G3 First Day Impressions

pillowcase

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got the 32gb/3gb HK (Asia) unlocked version today. Just for reference I came from nexus 5 so my thoughts will be in comparison to n5.

-screen is def nice when content is 2k (ie there promo video they include in device) but when playing YouTube where content is 720p, it doesn't look as good as a 1080p device playing it prob due to downscaling so much

-battery life is obv better than n5. First day usage I got 4.5 hour screen on time with around medium usage. Obviously I didn't expect amazing sot with 2k screen so I think around 4.5 hr sot is pretty good for my daily usage

-I feel that the screen over sharpens a lot of the time. Not deal breaker but never encountered this on n5.

-I do feel there is a slight slight lag at times compared to fluid n5 experience. But it does not really affect experience as its hard to notice.

-camera is pretty good, not rly an enthusiast so plenty enough for me. Fast focusing etc

-screen brightness is a little wonky. Anything less than like 50 brightness looks a little dim but once you go above, its like any other smartphone out there in terms of brightness.

If anyone else have any comments on their first impression or want to ask me anything, feel free.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for your first impressions. This is what have needed for a long time....user observations rather than reviewer ones, valuable though the latter are.

pesser

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
first thing i did was transfer over was the desolation of smaug 720p BRRip x264.ACC 3.7GB. smoooooth as a babies bottom !

no sutter at all and very impressed witht the audio as well

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
-I feel that the screen over sharpens a lot of the time. Not deal breaker but never encountered this on n5.

Thanks for the impressions! Would you care to elaborate on the over-sharpening issues? I'd love to know in which circumstances it is most bothersome.

Thank you!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I know you won't have the other to compare it to but let us know about the 2GB version and how it does. :)
Thanks.

Mav. :cool:

The British Isles are only small, you know. 2/16gb are QUITE enough for us. (So small in fact, that an Australian visitor who slipped on a cliff edge said that he "fell off England".)
But like rahxephon I wonder about that screen sharpening. Hopefully it could be removed with a future update if troublesome.

pillowcase

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the impressions! Would you care to elaborate on the over-sharpening issues? I'd love to know in which circumstances it is most bothersome.

Thank you!

Basically the letters on phone look very sharp compared to normal. Looks extremely obvious to me but not a big deal.

pillowcase

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
How much movie watching or game playing does it take before getting warm???

Didn't really overheat when playing movie as I was in an AC environment so it was cool enough but did a little warm up a little when outdoor but still in line with other phones as most screens typically do regardless of resolution.

As I was playing a game that required my hands to constantly be on phone, it did heat up a little due to body heat but not anything dramatic.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
How is the data reception for where you are? Is it better than the nexus 5 and does it work well in lower reception areas like inside some buildings, etc.?

pillowcase

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
How is the data reception for where you are? Is it better than the nexus 5 and does it work well in lower reception areas like inside some buildings, etc.?

Not sure if my opinion is relevant unless you live near me too. Reception and indoor reception aren't any different to me compared to nexus 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams