How's the LG G3 battery compared to the G2?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
After a few weeks with the G3 and going through a few weeks of charging cycles, I actually think the battery has gotten a tad bit better. I'm finding days like today where I'll go 14 hours and a normal days use will be a couple of hours of screen time web browsing, chatting, texting, picture taking... and 10pm I still have 50% battery.

I think my G2 I still would have had 10% more but I definitely can live with this. I'd hope we'd get a quality 3rd party company with a 3500mah battery but even if they offered a 3200-3300 battery, that would put it in G2 range and go day and a half no problem and be perfect for me.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After a few weeks with the G3 and going through a few weeks of charging cycles, I actually think the battery has gotten a tad bit better. I'm finding days like today where I'll go 14 hours and a normal days use will be a couple of hours of screen time web browsing, chatting, texting, picture taking... and 10pm I still have 50% battery.

I think my G2 I still would have had 10% more but I definitely can live with this. I'd hope we'd get a quality 3rd party company with a 3500mah battery but even if they offered a 3200-3300 battery, that would put it in G2 range and go day and a half no problem and be perfect for me.

Agree. It's gotten better. I've also done a few power cycles from 15% to full charge with the phone off. That's helped too. I get a full day out of it with normal usage, it's when I'm heavily using it that I have to charge somewhere. I also ran into the "This charger is not compatible" with my car charger the other day. Any way, it's still not as good as my G2 and the same charger works great on my G2. I'm going to be switching SIMs this weekend and carrying the G2 next week. I want to see if what I think is true, is true...

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
23h battery usage, 3h screen on time, 42% remaining. It would be impossible for the G3 to get better battery life than the G2, simply because they are the same capacity with a bigger screen.

There's no reason why someone should pass this phone up based on battery life. All other flagship phones will get roughly the same amount of life, in relation to screen size.

Amir47

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Enabled ART and I seem to be on track for an extra hour of screen on time. I normally get about 4.5 to 5 hours screen on time and I seem to be on track for 6 after enabling ART.

Posted via Android Central App

Ash Miller

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Im not sure about the g2 the g3 was power hungry mine g5 does very well with battery life as long as I dont run every app in the store. At bedtime sometimes still 50 percent left

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon