How does the LG G3 compare to the Galaxy S5?

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on pace for over 6 hours of on-screen battery life today, so I would say the S5 and G3 have similar battery endurance.

Posted via Android Central App
Pace doesn't matter, because discharge isn't linear. Mine will hit about 4.5hrs before zero

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Pace doesn't matter, because discharge isn't linear. Mine will hit about 4.5hrs before zero

3 hours and 5 minutes with 57% remaining. Streaming music in the car, games, lots of browsing. Should easily hit at least 5 hours.

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Haven't tried the St but my fiance dies have one. To answer your question she wishes she waited for the LG G3 after just playing with it for 5 minutes.

Chris Ancel

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Been stuck between these 2 phone's also. I am still using a Galaxy s2 so it's gonna be a huge upgrade for me. Like the G3 for Screen/Size/Ram. S5 for screen as was said it was the best 1080p screen on the market/plus the camera is better I hear. I really wanted 3Gig's of ram on the S5 so I held off on buying. Might wait till September as the Galaxy F is supposed to hit with the same screen as the G3 with 3 gigs of ram.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Pics or it didn't happen. I'm at 4hrs with 8% left

Had to go to work last night where I get zero service, so I had to switch to airplane mode to preserve battery.
It did start draining quickly though throughout the day.
Finished with about 4 and a half hours of on-screen time with about 22% battery or so.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The G3 has 32GB internal storage which the S5 has yet to come out with. If it did, I might have an S5.

You and I are like to peas in a pod! lol!

FU Samsung for thinking we didn't need and/or want 32gb internal storage!! LG just took the money I would have otherwise given to you! The G3 ALSO has 3gb ram which I believe the S5 doesn't!! Its just a no brainer for me.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Before my G2 I had AMOLED screens on two phones. Both suffered from burnin well before the two years. I think it will be a while before I try AMOLED again in spite of how good they look when new.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Pics or it didn't happen. I'm at 4hrs with 8% left

Here's my usage so far today before I have to head into work.
Almost 3 hours and at 56%
Heavy usage today playing games... I discovered True Skate and it's rather addicting. Lol
Brightness set to auto. WiFi on the majority of the time.

Attachments

• 1852.jpg
    1852.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 1850.jpg
    1850.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 217

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The good thing is that it has a user replaceable battery so even if I had to switch batteries, its no big deal to me

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the galaxy s3 and galaxy s4 I need to say the LG g2 is just about lag free. The s3 and s4 no matter all the settings I would change around to reduce lag, still lagged! Coming from iPhones it was very important to get away from that awful lag. The HTC One had zero lag as well but hated the camera. I'm looking forward to purchasing the g3. Nobody here has mention how the s5 is water resistant and g3 isn't? Lol.. I was a little bummed over that but over it, I rather have a lag free phone over a laggy one that's water resistant 😄

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty