How do you turn off the double tap to wake function on the LG G3?

stardomains

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I got the app called "Any Cut" from Google Play. From there you can make a shortcut to the KnockOn setting and turn it off.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine wakes up frequently in my shirt pocket - definitely not the power button being touched. I've already used the setting in the 'hidden' menu to turn off the knock feature, which is useless to me. I can only think maybe it's when notifications come through and wake it up.

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I personally hate this feature!

I've had it come on several times. Though not all that often it still has happened a number of times. The last time it came on my pocket must have tapped in several "Knock Codes" which unsurprisingly all failed to unlock it but the next time I went to use my phone it said I had used up all my attempts to unlock and needed to enter my "Backup PIN". Now I thought I knew my backup PIN but apparently, well, I don't. I was on the phone to LG support for over an hour trying to find a way to get round it and damn near had to Factory Reset the thing to gain access. Fortunately after a day and a half and with the assistance of a thread on this forum called "What Should Android Device Manager's Unlock Screen Look Like?" (sorry I can't post links yet) I was able to get access again.

I now very much want to disable this God forsaken feature and just use the power button (as inconvenient as it is on this device) like everyone else.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. For anyone wondering... You can tell because you take it out of your pocket and it is on the final "enter your pin" screen because it is over the limit on trying to knock on.

One thing I have is a tempered glass screen protector... Wondering if you have this as well? Just speculating if this causes some condition that falsely senses a knock on attempt?

Anyways I resolved this issue with a circle case because I didn't want to lose the knock on feature. The circle case keeps the glass away from my leg in my front pocket.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think there's any way to do this from within the phone's normal settings. There IS a way to do it from the HiddenMenu program, but exactly how depends on your version of the phone (e.g., what carrier version). And for Sprint and Verizon, at least, it will require root.

Also, this will also eliminate the knock-off function. To keep that you'll need to use a launcher that supports gestures (like Nova Prime), and sett a double tap gesture to execute a screen-off app (there are dozens of them in the play store).

See this thread for more details: [Root] [KitKat] How to Disable Knock On | Sprint LG G3 | XDA Forums

apg247

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I got the app called "Any Cut" from Google Play. From there you can make a shortcut to the KnockOn setting and turn it off.

I tried to use the "secret menu" to no avail (maybe the Verizon code is different). However, I did install the Any Cut app and quickly was able to create a shortcut to Knock On and disabled it. Yay! Then I uninstalled the app and deleted the shortcut. My screen is still safe and does not turn on when knocked. Thanks!

RL82

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
This is how to get to the hidden menu on these four carriers. I know the ATT one works, since that's what I use. I'm not sure about Verizon. Hope this helps!
Intl. LG G2 D855: 3845#*855#
AT&T LG G3 D850: 3845#*850#
T-Mobile LG G3 D851: 3845#*851#
Sprint LG G3 LS980: 5689#*980#
That worked to get into the secret menu, and I disabled knock-on in the settings, but didn't turn off. Double tapping still wakes the device. This is problematic for me because at least twice a day at work, I take my phone out of my pocket and its on the "you've entered the wrong knock code too many times.." screen and I have to enter my back up pin and reset my knock code. It's annoying as hell. It's probably because I have a physical job where I'm hopping off and on my machine 50+ times a day so its clearly registering false knocks on my leg. If turning it off from the secret menu didn't work wtf am I supposed to do?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
That worked to get into the secret menu, and I disabled knock-on in the settings, but didn't turn off. Double tapping still wakes the device. This is problematic for me because at least twice a day at work, I take my phone out of my pocket and its on the "you've entered the wrong knock code too many times.." screen and I have to enter my back up pin and reset my knock code. It's annoying as hell. It's probably because I have a physical job where I'm hopping off and on my machine 50+ times a day so its clearly registering false knocks on my leg. If turning it off from the secret menu didn't work wtf am I supposed to do?
It sounds like the proximity sensor on your phone is not working correctly.

jamooore

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried AnyCut but it crashes on my LG G3. But, i found QuickShortcutMaker app
that works great. Found Knock On Activity and made an icon. Turned off knock on and NO more
Pocket-Wake-Ups !

cd-i

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

It seems the double disable tap feature only works for the phone. When using a quick circle case the double tap feature still works regardless of the setting in the hidden menu. Also proximity sensor is disabled when the case is closed.

Do you guys have any idea how to disable it only for the quick circle case?

guster456

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
i did this and it worked !!!

you CAN turn off knockon; just download Quick Shortcut Maker and search within the app for "KnockOn" under the activities tab. There will be two options just hit the second one and go into the setting (don't bother making a shortcut) and you'll get a regular settings menu where you can turn off KnockOn.

Michael Hubbard

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
It does because I tried tapping it on from within my pocket and it stays off.

I've never had an issue with the phone turning on in my pocket but would like to know how to disable the feature for future reference.

If anyone knows the key in hidden menu to disable (there are a TON) let us know!

There is no need for seceret codes lg just hid the option to turn off "knock on". Simply download activity launcher from the play store, run the app, click on the tab that says recent activity, then click on all activity. Once it loads find settings then scroll down to knock on and turn it off

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Brown33

Apr 20, 2018
Visit site
On my Flex the setting is under 'gestures'. It will NEVER wake up in her purse except by the power button getting hit, same as any other phone. Mainly it uses a few extra battery % per day checking the touch layer. In my experience the Flex does not wake up in pockets even when facing my chest, leg or career. The sensor is pretty smart, better than M8 proneness to gesture wake I think. But I have not spent a week with an M8 in my shirt pocket to test for myself....

The other places most likely to check are Display and Lock Screen. Also you should explore and see if the comprehensive LG Backup suite is in your settings options.

Why do *** hats reply with non-answers?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2