Stay with Note 3 or get G3?

raju130000

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
For those of you luck yet few who have received your G3 can you please commit on brightness, I went to sprint store and I compared to my note 3. My note just seemed brighter and sharper. Also coming from the Samsung which has many camera modes does the g3 also have several, functions? Is there a list somewhere I can see?

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
For those of you luck yet few who have received your G3 can you please commit on brightness, I went to sprint store and I compared to my note 3. My note just seemed brighter and sharper. Also coming from the Samsung which has many camera modes does the g3 also have several, functions? Is there a list somewhere I can see?

In theory the G3 camera at 13mpix should almost always still beat the Note 3, since LG keeps claiming it's an upgrade over the very excellent G2. And it has nice settings, esp if it will let you manually override with a fixed focus depth like my Flex does.

The Note 3 screen *is* very bright and very sharp, and when used to its strengths it will eat piles of battery just like the G3 screen. The deciding factor may be whether the Note 3 is preferred for its stylus. G3 is great! But the Note 3 is no SIII if you get what I mean.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Keep the Note 3, IMO. Especially if you are a heavy user.

+ The Note 3 has almost the same GPU, but only pushing 1080p.

+ Already has 3gb of ram, 32gb storage and micro sd.

+ The camera is good

+ The display is great and again not having to push Qhd.

The G3 seems a product bridge until a version with the 805 releases later this year.

You have a great device to wait for fall releases that will have a better gpu to push Qhd :)

On the other hand, if you are a light to medium user and want something a little smaller, the 805 will not add much. Heavy users would see more advantage. G3 would be a good option.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

+ The camera is good

The G3 seems a product bridge until a version with the 805 releases later this year.

You have a great device to wait for fall releases that will have a better gpu to push Qhd :)

On the other hand, if you are a light to medium user and want something a little smaller, the 805 will not add much. Heavy users would see more advantage. G3 would be a good option.

Do you have a source with the 805 information or are you just guessing?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

+ The camera is good

If a model with 805 comes to the US it will probably be priced higher. OR the original G3 will drop and the new model will take its price spot.

I am still looking to the Odin models coming, probably next year at this rate. I feel like LG wanted and planned for the G3 to get an 805 but they had to rush market with an 801 because of supply delays or other channel issues. Now there is talk of Odin chips, F490L, Silver program and a totally new phone based on the Flex...and all pushed past Christmas into the new year. Bah. Well I was planning to keep this Flex for a full year anyhow.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife has note 3 very comparable to my lg g3. Battery close so far. Reception seems better on g3 WiFi and lte is faster on G3. Both quick and smooth. Form factor better on g3.

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I also have the note 3.

Differences:
-Screen is brighter and much bigger on the note (duh)
-Camera mode on note 3 has more options than the g3 but, I like that the g3 has less features on its camera. So far the pics come out pretty good compared to the note. g3 camera modes: Dual, Panorama, magic focus (blur) and auto..anyway the modes on the note you can just have google autoawesome them
-for a 5.5in screen it is a much lighter and slimmer and shorter device than the note 3. I had the note 2 and that even felt bigger than this g3

My battery test is that I have to test the battery life while playing golf as I use it as a gps and scorecard. That will be how I compare between the note 3 and g3, as battery life seems on par if not slightly better and I would consider myself a mid to heavy phone user

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I also have the note 3.

Differences:
-Screen is brighter and much bigger on the note (duh)
-Camera mode on note 3 has more options than the g3 but, I like that the g3 has less features on its camera. So far the pics come out pretty good compared to the note. g3 camera modes: Dual, Panorama, magic focus (blur) and auto..anyway the modes on the note you can just have google autoawesome them
-for a 5.5in screen it is a much lighter and slimmer and shorter device than the note 3. I had the note 2 and that even felt bigger than this g3

My battery test is that I have to test the battery life while playing golf as I use it as a gps and scorecard. That will be how I compare between the note 3 and g3, as battery life seems on par if not slightly better and I would consider myself a mid to heavy phone user

One thing anyone's gotta give LG, they have done a lot in terms of size and weight on big screen phones recently.

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Needed this thread.. I just don't use the stylus ever.. And looking for just a tad smaller.. Just worried about reception (I drop coverage a lot) and camera..

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I owned a Note 3 for a couple months, and prefer the G3 infinitely more. I didn't use the S-Pen all that much however, and the size of the phone got old quickly. The G3 has a screen nearly the same in size in the body of a much smaller device. Battery life has been just as impressive as well for me. G3 all day!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown