Does the LG G3 screen awake when...

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
you get an incoming text or other notifications or does the flashing light(or sounds) have to catch your eye an then you knock on screen or press the rear button to see what you got??

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure but it should give you options.

Sent From Another Galaxy

Thanks. Yeah i have an htc one m7 which was my first android phone but just cant get use to it being that the screen doesnt awake with incoming texts,mail etc. Just a light like most android phones. My contract is almost up so im seeking a new phone. I dont want to go back to apple ios cause of how closed in it is as a ecosystem an hate using itunes to sync.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
If theres any users who own the G3 and have received texts etc, can you confirm whether or not the screen wakes up? Thank you in advance...

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Bummer...

Ok 2nd question to those with the G3 already. I havent seen a complete video or demo of the camera software. Are you all able to edit pics with basic built in software like the htc one m7 or galaxy phones to add filters,crop,rotate an more??

Usman Khokhar

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Screen wakes if you're using the stock messaging app. Doesn't for hangouts. Also the stock messaging app has a really nice notification system while your screen is already on (think Android L)

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Screen wakes if you're using the stock messaging app. Doesn't for hangouts. Also the stock messaging app has a really nice notification system while your screen is already on (think Android L)

Sweet! Yeah if i get it i'll just be using the stock messaging app. But thats good news to my ears to know the screen wakes up when i receive a message. Now does that only happen with stock messaging text app and not with face,email etc. or it will still wake up as well?

SteveyAsp

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can change the colour of the LED notification as a stock option.

I can't answer if the screen wakes for other functions as it's not something I've really noticed.

The quick reply is a decent thought out function but it winds me up that the character counter masks what you're typing, it did the same on the G2 as well...I'm really surprised no-one at LG thought it didn't look good, I therefore have that switched off

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
you get an incoming text or other notifications or does the flashing light(or sounds) have to catch your eye an then you knock on screen or press the rear button to see what you got??

If you are worried about missing calls or messages the G Flex is amazing. Giant rear notification light has saved my bacon several times.

krijmo

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
If theres any users who own the G3 and have received texts etc, can you confirm whether or not the screen wakes up? Thank you in advance...

I have my screen locked with the tap code. When I have a text it shows but I have to put in the code and then the messaging app opens

Posted from my LG G3

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Well im back with some more questions lol

Does the G3 have a screenshot toggle?
Does it charge slow like the htc one m7 which takes forever?
Is it worth upgrading to from the m7?

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I know you don't like this answer but Android phones (and I don't expect the G3 to be any different) don't turn on the screen when you receive a text, etc. That is what the notification light is for - to let you know that something has come in and in fact you can program different colors for different kinds of notifications (SMS, Voice Mail, E-Mail, etc). If your screen turned on for every notification your battery would be gone in a couple of hours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca