Quick Remote Not Working

oldrtyfrog

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having trouble using quick remote? I've tried to configure it for a Samsung TV, an LG TV, and Direct TV receivers, and none of them work. Am I missing something?

Thanks

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I had trouble yesterday, u just need to get really close to the devices u want to control. Once u program the remote, it seems the range is a lot better.

Posted via Android Central App

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I programed in the Vizio and a Samsung. The Vizio I have has a very tiny remote sensor so you really have to aim your phone at it to hit it. There is also some lag in the response time between pressing the button on the phone and the TV responding but its not horrible. The Samsung TV I had to run through 5 different setup codes before it found one that worked. Other than that I haven't had any issues.

simony

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Works fine for me with Sharp and Panasonic TV.. even I can pair with AppleTV remote but not so working with the up/down/left/right one...

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Same here, sitting in my bed 12ft or so from the TV and it doesn't work unless I get out of bed.

Yes it's very poor, mine has the same 4ft range.

However the great thing is I have t.v remotes, so its not something I have ever used (other than testing) or will use.

rchusid

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Four feet!! That explains it. I tried in two rooms with a variety of components and none work. I sat from where I would normally sit figuring that there was no point in using the remote if it didn't work from there, and not a single one worked. As I already have universal remotes programed in those rooms it is no big deal. Plus my phone can already control the Roku boxes and a couple of LG Blue ray players from dedicated apps for these items.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine works from about 15-20 feet away from our couch. Panasonic Viera (2009 model).

I programmed it from up close as well.

rchusid

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Retried yesterday and also found that it had to be very close to program but then works from a greater distance.

The remote is hardly as good as the programmable remotes I used but does work. It is quick to program components like the TV and cable box but unfortunately doesn't have a database for other items like DVD and blu-ray players and I didn't want to spend the time to program myself. It is also necessary to point the phone directly at the tv, while with actual remotes this is generally not needed. I doubt I'll use this much, but it could come in handy at times to have a remote in my pocket in the care situation where the remote isn't nearby from where I'm sitting. I doubt anyone is buying their phone based upon the remote, but it's not bad for an extra feature thrown in.

I wonder if it will work with any third party software which includes databases for more components.

LoisDroidX

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
My Quick Remote (on LG G3) suddenly lost all its stored remotes. While some of them are easily restored (standard devices), two were created by "teaching" it (pointing the standard remote at the phone), and it took a lot of time to get everything the way I wanted it. I added a new remote (a standard one) a few weeks ago, and everything was working fine. I went maybe a week without using it (never had a problem with that previously), and when I went to use it again, it didn't seem to have any remotes set up. So, it would be nice if there were a way to restore my previous remotes, but if not, does anyone know where the data gets stored so that I could back it up once I redo all the remotes, for potential restoration if the problem recurs. One reason I set up the more oddball remotes was as a safety net in case the remote gets lost, wears out, etc., Since those are done in 'learn" mode, if I can't use the original remote I can't teach it to Quick Remote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool