Charging Times

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
How long does it take for the battery to fully charge? I've seen some reports of it taking a really long time. Thanks for any replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got the phone today. On my first charge from 10%. It's been charging about 90 minutes and is at 40 with an estimated 2 hours and 45 minutes left to a full charge.

I have yet to figure out how to take a screenshot

Seems slow but battery isn't broken in yet.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine charged fairly quick. I was at 11%, came back 50 minutes later after working out and was at 59%.

Posted via Android Central App

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Just got the phone today. On my first charge from 10%. It's been charging about 90 minutes and is at 40 with an estimated 2 hours and 45 minutes left to a full charge.

I have yet to figure out how to take a screenshot

Seems slow but battery isn't broken in yet.

Wow that's slow; are you using the chsrger that came with the phone in a wall outlet? The other guy above seems like he's having a normal charge time..,

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The charge is EXTREMELY slow, especially when compared to Windows Phone coutnerparts. I used to be able to charge my 1520 from 10-15% to 100% in a matter of 45-50 minutes, and around 40-45 minutes for my 925. Now it takes ~1 1/2 hours to charge this thing. EXTREMELY disappointing.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's slow; are you using the chsrger that came with the phone in a wall outlet? The other guy above seems like he's having a normal charge time..,

Nah...I was just using another charger. I'll try the one in the box

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
anerusun.jpg

Just noticed this with the official charger in a wall socket. I don't get it. It should by slowly charging.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Wait...how do you have a brightness slider in the notification drop-down?

What carrier do you have? I have the AT&T version and there's no slider there.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Wait...how do you have a brightness slider in the notification drop-down?

What carrier do you have? I have the AT&T version and there's no slider there.

It clearly says T-Mobile.

NOMINAL charge time for most android phones is from 1-1/2 to 3+ hours. This depends on many factors including battery size, adapter output, whether phone supports a 'quick charge' spec...

Some brands have made rapid charging a pivotal focus, others have not.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The charge is EXTREMELY slow, especially when compared to Windows Phone coutnerparts. I used to be able to charge my 1520 from 10-15% to 100% in a matter of 45-50 minutes, and around 40-45 minutes for my 925. Now it takes ~1 1/2 hours to charge this thing. EXTREMELY disappointing.

my 925 takes a bit longer than that but the battery life is no where near the G3 either. I am hard pressed to get a full 12 hour day from my 925.

Last edited:

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/13/anerusun.jpg

Just noticed this with the official charger in a wall socket. I don't get it. It should by slowly charging.

I would also like to know how you were able to get a brightness slider on your drop down. I'm on Sprint and I have a volume slider. I've been looking if there was a way to change the slider but no dice in the settings. I'd much rather have a brightness slider than a volume.

Posted via Android Central App

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I would also like to know how you were able to get a brightness slider on your drop down. I'm on Sprint and I have a volume slider. I've been looking if there was a way to change the slider but no dice in the settings. I'd much rather have a brightness slider than a volume.

I found a video but I'm missing those settings on my AT&T version. So I have no sliders. WTF? I hate when software is inconsistent. Why do they do that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e40PX9YPR2w

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair