Amazon: LG G3 Replacement Charging Back?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My goodness what are carriers down there doing.

I bought one off eBay but it's not compatible with AT&T.

DocToxyn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
LG sells a Qi compliant quick circle case and a Powermat compliant quick circle case for $59.99 each and no the G3 only comes with NFC, the case is a seperate accessory and you will have to purchase it.

Does LG actually sell those cases or just describe them on their website? I can't find a buy button anywhere and when I spoke with one of their reps he said I would have to get it through a carrier store. Of course Sprint doesn't have it in their system and Verizon is out of stock. Waiting on one from Expansys.

Posted via Android Central App

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
What is involved for the install? Could you link to the one you used?

Posted via my LG G3

Was real easy took 5 minutes. Peeled out old sticker put new sticker in which is 3 parts. If you search it on YouTube you can find video showing how.

Posted via Android Central App

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Choetech asking if they were going to produce a similar Qi kit for the LG G3 that they produced for the Samsung S4. Here is the reply:

---------
Due to region difference of LG G3, a different back cover with coils inside may required to get the LG G3 get charged wirelessly, *if possible,could you please take off the back cover of your LG G3 and then take a picture for the back of the phone and the side of the back cover that against the back of the phone? After that, could you please send me the picture so that we can confirm if you will need an extra case?*
---------

Anyone care to take the pictures that they are asking for?

If yes, PM me & I will give you my email address...

Doug

10pmStalker

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
So if I were to get this back cover from ebay it should work with AT&T after some software tweaking? Sorry I'm new, it won't let me post a link.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so, AT&T is PM not Qi and I think the difference is hardware not software.
I could be wrong, let's see if anyone else has more info.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Regardless, a crap move by AT&T....
They are heavily invested in PM technology and are now forcing it on to their customer base.
The good news, I hear AT&T is revitalizing the Betamax technology....:D

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have found the wireless charging overrated. Rarely, if ever, did I use it for my G2, even with it right next to my bed! Takes much longer to charge, the phone gets hot and you can't use the phone while it's charging. Would only be practical it I totally screwed up the charging port, and that was the only way I could charge. My daughter will inherit the wireless charge when she gets my old G2. I will see if she will ever use it. My G3 rocks, but really the G2 was awesome enough. Only upgraded to give my daughter a phone, as she is cheap, and will not put the money out for a new phone...lol. She is rocking a Droid 4!

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
From a different angle....I hate plugging into with a USB cable.
I have charging pucks throughout the house and office (Qi car dock as well).
Wherever I am, I am most likely charging....just put the phone down on a puck in the room (or car) that I am in.
Yes, you cannot use the phone while wireless charging but on the other hand can you charge via USB when you're out and about and using the phone? Aren't we all using the phone the majority of the time when it is not charging?
Yes, all wireless charging causes phones to get warmer....not sure why this is a problem, it is operating as per design.
My Nexus 7, G3 and wife's iPhone all use wireless charging; just one more way to make life less complicated.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Heat is never good for any electronic device. There are external battery packs that would charge you device quicker.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89