Does the LG G3 D855 European 32/3 variant have built-in wireless charging?

koroshiyax

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the D855 32/3 GB variant of the LG G3 (Model #: LGD855.ADEUTN) have the built-in QI Wireless Charging back without needing the add-on Qi case?

I know that the 16/2 variant does, but am unable to find concrete information about the 32/3 variant having it. I'm considering purchasing the EU 32GB variant if it does indeed have built-in wireless charging.

Thanks.

Gulz

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the European 32 Gb version and it has wireless charging out of the box

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile variant doesn't. If I purchase a back is there a really protective case that will work with it?
I know backs aren't available yet but cases are, right?

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything like that. :)
btw, I'm a girl.

koroshiyax

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Some feedback for others thinking about getting the D855 for Rogers. I finally got the D855 in and tested it. Out of the box, it does not connect to LTE. The only available options were GSM and WCDMA, set on auto or manual. Connections would only show 3G or H (HSPA).

After some research, and testing, I finally managed to connect to Rogers' LTE MAX network (2600Mhz).

Steps taken:

1) Loaded HKG firmware using TOT/DLL method. You can find the firmware and instructions here here: [ALL Variants] Update / Restore to Stock you… | LG G3 | XDA Forum - I used the 32GB version.
2) Once loaded, you will see the option to set it to GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto. Before it was just GSM / WCDMA Auto.
3) Unfortunately, this still didn't work and I was still showing 3G and H. Speed tests would also show that it was on HSPA.
4) I then typed 3845#*855# on the keypad to access the secret menu. There I manually switched it to LTE Band 7, which represents the LTE Max 2600Mhz network.
5) I also had to add a new APN (ltemobile.apn). It came with the normal one (rogers-core-app1.apn).
6) After all that, I changed the network mode back to GSM / WCDMA / LTE Auto. Almost immediately, it would now show 4G, instead of H.
7) Ran a speed test just in case, and it is indeed LTE speeds :)

And yes it has wireless charging built-in (four pins in the back of the phone, and case).

The phone is amazing, one really happy fan. I moved from a HTC One M7.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The ATT LG G3 is only Powermat wirelss compatible whereas most others are Qi compatible, so you need the correct case back.