G3 or wait for note 4

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeh can't decide..

Tough to say. We really know nothing about the Note 4 yet. There's always the chance that you'll just keep waiting. By the time the Note rolls around you may want to wait for the G4. Go play with the phone in store and see how you like it.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you're not in any hurry you might as well wait. At least then you can compare the G3 to the Note 4 head to head (by then there may even be a S6, M9 and Z4 to compare to).

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I may eat my words here , the G3 will outshine the N4 in terms of build and design.

The N4 will throw it all in and no doubt be a spec whores wet dream.

But the G3 has that cutting edge where time and thought went into it, quite like the Z2.

Samsung just seem lazy in that regard.

It has been mentioned that the N4 is going to be a new design hmmm the dimples will be less perhaps lol instead of 44 they will opt for 23 maybe hmm

Jokes aside no doubt the N4 will be a great smartphone but you can go on and on and on and on and on OK you get the point.

The G3 I like many many others appreciate the build and design and great features it has on offer :)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm a spec boy I want the latest and greatest, it doesn't help that these companies are BS us with "Prime" versions. I know it's not available but it can still be ordered and it does mess your your mind.

Having said that I will probably go with the G3 because size issue, my limit is around 5.2" but LG somehow squeezed it all together.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Major difference is the s pen. If you don't need those features then either phone will be awesome. Note 4 will most likely have 2k display as well.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I saw the one guy who told you wait for the Note 4. Honest truth, if you wait for the better thing, you'll always be waiting because the next thing might be better. Honestly, play with the Note 3, play with the G3 in store. Anything new on the Note 4, will probably be a first version Samsung "Lets see what sticks" method, but if you prefer the size and S-Pen of the Note 3, then give it a wait but understand price will also be involved.

Personal choice, I have a Nexus 5, had a ton of LG phones and got me into disliking anything LG. The Nexus 5 renewed my faith, the G3 has had all my attention since it was announced and the 3GB of ram, 32GB of memory and an SD slot make it the phone I want but can't afford because I'm unemployed. I was into the idea of the Note 3 but really, unless you're a drawer, most you can do on a phone smaller, and my hands big so the 5.5" works well for me on the G3. I told my brother of this phone, he saw it in store at best Buy, he fell in love, he is an iPhone user.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to mention. Expect to pay more for the note 4 if you wait. I'm surprised that the g3 is only 579.99 off contract.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm really loving the G3 and can honestly say I wouldn't pick anything over it...

KennyMB

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this difficulty as well. I know I will want the Note 4, and I currently have the Note 3. My first jump upgrade is available this month but if I get the G3 I might be turning right back around for a Note 4.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna wait for the note 4 then decide. Both are beasts of devices, the s pen is what I like about phablets, and the note will have a little better specs with the rumored snapdragon805 which hopefully will fix up any issues the 801 was having with the QHD screen on the g3 and the instances of lag.

Last edited:

KennyMB

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Would that be a horrible thing?

I realized after I posted that I wouldn't have to wait since T-Mobile removed the time limit. But assuming I end up really wanting the N4 over the G3, yeah kinda. The G3 has a smaller screen, no pen, and the speaker is in the back.

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
OP, I, too, and having the same fit of indecision. The G3 is pretty sweet, but I know that I'm also looking forward to what the Note 4 will offer. Ughh this wait...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I loved the N3 and I know I'll love the N4. With that said, I loved the G2 and I love the G3 which is my current phone. I'll have 3 upgrades by the time the N4 is released and I'll use one to get it. Best of both worlds.

But right now if I had to choose between the N3, S5, G2, and M8, it would most definitely be the G3. Build quality is second to none and kind sexy!! :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this is my dilemma as well. The g3 sounds amazing... I think I'd really like it. I've tried HTC.. Samsung.. So trying LG for the first time has my interest.. I like tech so.. :p.

Sigh.. If only I was rich... It would be easy :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

shnweller

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting my G3 on Thursday. I'm going to see if I like and use it as much as possible and when the Note 4 comes out i will go out and compare the two. If I don't like the G3 I will edge up to the Note 4 and give my son the G3. But If the G3 is awesome and I love it i wait until fall of 2015 for either the Note 5 or G4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad