Visit site
1. Brightness slider
2. Stock flashlight
3. Active wallpapers preloaded.
4. No landscape for home screens
5. Ability to resize app icons.
6. More or different transition choices
7. No password lock on memo/notes

Anything else? These were nice little touches on the G2. They could have also added a few more qhd demo stuff.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why omit these simple things?

Agree with the last, I've got two preloaded videos on mine, only about 1½ min each. The night sky one though, very good.

Posted via Android Central App

sopclod

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

Some of those things might be because of the qhd display. I also agree that the demo "videos" are weak; of course high quality qhd video takes up tons of space.

I can't understand why the hell these phones aren't supporting USB 3.0. I transferred a few gigs of video last night and it took like an hour.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Some of those things might be because of the qhd display. I also agree that the demo "videos" are weak; of course high quality qhd video takes up tons of space.

I can't understand why the hell these phones aren't supporting USB 3.0. I transferred a few gigs of video last night and it took like an hour.

Agreed, the USB 3.0 omission is pretty lame. I am not aware of any reason or limitation they had to not include the newest standard.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

1. Brightness slider That's unfortunate.
2. Stock flashlight App available.
3. Active wallpapers preloaded. Content available.
4. No landscape for home screens I never though this would be useful, but the option has always been there on my custom ROMs.
5. Ability to resize app icons. Can't you alter the DPI with a root tool?
6. More or different transition choices This would be nice.
7. No password lock on memo/notes Should be there if it isn't.

Anything else? These were nice little touches on the G2. They could have also added a few more qhd demo stuff.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Landscape is very useful in car and it's nice on tv.
I do realize you can download wallpapers and flashlight but I rather have stock for flash light, it's just simple and clean. As far as the rest I don't and should not root for simple things that were included On the g2.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Agreed, the USB 3.0 omission is pretty lame. I am not aware of any reason or limitation they had to not include the newest standard.

Could they have been worried about overheating?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it's just an issue of time to get the phone released and they know they will be releasing 4.4.3-4.4.4 and will fix those then?

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Landscape is very useful in car and it's nice on tv.
I do realize you can download wallpapers and flashlight but I rather have stock for flash light, it's just simple and clean. As far as the rest I don't and should not root for simple things that were included On the g2.
Valid points. And while there are numerous flashlight apps on Play Store, so many of them are bloatware and request very unusual Permissions for software that is simply turning on an LED or the screen.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

There really is no reason to stay unrooted on a phone like this. Why limit your phone's potential?

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Computer software to access your LG G3 external SD card from your computer. Any tips on how it's done? My phone only shows up on the computer as a camera.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site

1) Navigation arrows on the stock keyboard - at least give us the option.
2) Quick controls on the stock internet browser - this makes surfing the net on the phone a breeze.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site

3) The ability to rearrange bookmarks in the stock browser - I hope I may have overlooked something here...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
1. Brightness slider
2. Stock flashlight

This post from you just goes to show that you cant please everyone. You can get an app for most and you can root right? Just saying.

shugga82

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Those features could've stayed or be improved rather than omitted. That's what made the g2 stand out from the rest.

Rifleman85

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
1. Brightness slider
2. Stock flashlight

There is a brightness slider. I just watched a video on it and how to remove/add it. Hopefully this is on all G3s and is not an issue where different parts of the world have different features on their G3.

Android How to: Remove the Brightness & Volume Sliders on the LG G3 | Androidheadlines.com

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Are you overall happy with the G3? I'm thinking about getting one instead of the Note. ☺

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance