Finally saw G3, not impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Mainly comparing it to the LG Optimus G Pro.

The screen is identical to it except that the back and the home buttons are on the screen, making the screen effectively smaller than G Pro's.

The resolution seemed marginally sharper but things were tiny. IMO, the ideal resolution for a 5.5" screen is 1080p (HD). The higher resolution of G3 begs for a larger screen, something in the 6" - 6.3" range would be perfect. I am not going to upgrade from a 5.5" screen to another 5.5" screen. I will wait until the same panel comes out in a large phablet.

The salesperson said the battery from G Pro will not fit in G3. Since there are no aftermarket extended sized battery available for G3 at this time, this is just another deal-breaker as the default 3,000 mAh cell will not last long at all, and I am used to my 9300 mah cell.

magisternautaque

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

The screen is identical to it except that the back and the home buttons are on the screen, making the screen effectively smaller than G Pro's.

The resolution seemed marginally sharper but things were tiny. IMO, the ideal resolution for a 5.5" screen is 1080p (HD). The higher resolution of G3 begs for a larger screen, something in the 6" - 6.3" range would be perfect. I am not going to upgrade from a 5.5" screen to another 5.5" screen. I will wait until the same panel comes out in a large phablet.

The salesperson said the battery from G Pro will not fit in G3. Since there are no aftermarket extended sized battery available for G3 at this time, this is just another deal-breaker as the default 3,000 mAh cell will not last long at all, and I am used to my 9300 mah cell.

In my opinion, every one of your opinions is wrong.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Funny as hell....Comes to the forum for the G3 and says im not impressed....Well guess what? I am impressed so i bought it...lol just move on then it appears you dont like it..

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If you don't like it don't get it. That's the great thing about Android, you have a choice.

Posted via Android Central App

The_PLBs

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

That is an excellent in depth review. I am very impressed with the time and effort you put into this. Thanks for sharing.

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Can't say I've ever been impressed with the original or the rebranding of Goldstar electronics. Those of you old enough to remember, Goldstar was the Hyundai Pony of electronics back in the day. You'd buy their stuff at places like Zellers. They changed the name to LG but not much else.

spock123

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, it kinda is a bummer if the extra battery isn't available for sale...

The G3 looks promising to me but I would really want to pick up an extra battery on purchase of the phone

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, it kinda is a bummer if the extra battery isn't available for sale...

The G3 looks promising to me but I would really want to pick up an extra battery on purchase of the phone

It happens with most phones. The extra batteries aren't available right after release.. Can take a little.

Also did everyone forget it wasn't supposed to be released till the 17th but just got released early? :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4 mm optimus g pro
146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm g3

Same size screen, but in a better package all around.

quailallstar

Jan 13, 2011
www.volkswagen.de
I agree with you. Coming from a current Optimus G Pro owner (well, just sold it on Swappa) I too was not impressed enough to justify the upgrade. The G3 is a great phone but the "advantages" aren't enough for ME to get one. The OGP is good enough if you aren't needing the latest and greatest speed-daemon device.

bigkevbosky

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Why would you think the G Pro battery would fit in the G3? That makes no sense. Obviously it wouldn't fit. Can't believe you needed a salesperson to tell you that.

FYI - the battery from my car won't fit in a G3 either. Just telling you so you don't have to go find a salesperson.....

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah ;) Ordered on the 10th, will be at my door on the 17th. Done with Samsung.

Posted via S4 TechNology

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-15-17-25-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-15-17-25-55.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 102

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Amazon.com: [2 Battery + Charger] Caseology LG G3 2 X 3000 mAh [Long-Lasting] Spare Replacement Li-ion Battery Combo with Portable USB Port Travel Wall Charger (Non-NFC) + [18-Month Warranty]: Cell Phones & Accessories

There are aftermarket "spare" batteries for sale. No, they aren't "extended" but spare nonetheless.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't say I've ever been impressed with the original or the rebranding of Goldstar electronics. Those of you old enough to remember, Goldstar was the Hyundai Pony of electronics back in the day. You'd buy their stuff at places like Zellers. They changed the name to LG but not much else.

So was Samsung...

Posted via Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2