LG G3 Aux and Bluetooth Connectivity

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I read a forum post that mentioned the G3 not playing music through a Mazda CX-5 (specifically in that post) aux cord.
Can anyone share their experiences playing music through their car's radio via aux cable or making phone calls with bluetooth?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Aux and Bluetooth Connectivity

Used bluetooth today in my Q5 and it was flawless. No problems other than my idottie dock closing mechanism was hitting the down volume button but I adjusted the G3 a bit higher. No problem using ok google over bluetooth either.

Do not play music from my phone since my Audi takes an SD card.

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I read a forum post that mentioned the G3 not playing music through a Mazda CX-5 (specifically in that post) aux cord.
Can anyone share their experiences playing music through their car's radio via aux cable or making phone calls with bluetooth?

I haven't tried using an aux cable, but I've had no issues streaming podcasts and making calls via Bluetooth.

Posted via Android Central App

Jimah

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the G3 and am finding that the Aux cable connection is very problematic in my '10 Suburu Forester. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I honestly have no idea what causes it to function or not. Usually I have to unplug and plug in the cable five or six times before it will play and I have to do this every time I turn the car off. On the other hand, my headphones are Bluetooth and they work flawlessly.

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the G3 and am finding that the Aux cable connection is very problematic in my '10 Suburu Forester. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I honestly have no idea what causes it to function or not. Usually I have to unplug and plug in the cable five or six times before it will play and I have to do this every time I turn the car off. On the other hand, my headphones are Bluetooth and they work flawlessly.
That's frustrating. I listen to music through the aux often, especially when using Spotify. Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

rcarter24

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone have problems seeing song info when screaming Pandora and such vis Bluetooth with the LG G3? I'm not getting any song info. I have no problems with the S5.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone have problems seeing song info when screaming Pandora and such vis Bluetooth with the LG G3? I'm not getting any song info. I have no problems with the S5.

Im having the same problem. Metadata was coming through on my S3 (after the kitkat update), but not with my Verizon G3

jamjordan

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. Trying to play music through aux on external speakers with no luck at all. Worked fine on my htc one.

SoCGHOST

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Its an issue for sure. My G2 worked fine with my aux and now the G3 has problems. As many have said, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Its very inconsistent. I have an aux 3.5mm line going into an alpine imprint audio processor and its very hit or miss with the G3. Every other phone I've tried, has worked flawless. I hope LG can push an ota to fix it.

**** UPDATE***** If the phone is plugged in (aux) prior to the car / radio or device being turned on the phone should pick up the connection. I tested this a few times already with success.

Last edited:

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's a known issue. See my post this forum.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/415737-serious-sound-issues-through-headphone-jack-aux.html

Also a long thread on xda developers
Aux cable problem | LG G3 | XDA Forum

Pugging in the phone/Aux connection before powering up the stereo does not work reliably.
There's also the whole issue of the "sound explosion/pop" noise between every track of music when you're plugged in via AUX. It's not good. That happens only in the left channel. There's also the issue of "junk noise" (computer-typ sounds, various pitches, a very, very high frequency steady-pitch noise, clicks, motorboating, etc) during silent passages. Again, on the left channel. basically if you're using AUX, it's a mess.

Someone posted on xda that they think the G3 has sensing circuitry that is looking for an active "load" on the amplifier side.
Aux Cable / Headphone Bug - Post #5 - XDA Forum

Thus, if the car stereo is powered up, the G3 may be happy. However, many car stereos also have the "load sensing" circuit and are looking for a signal/connection on the input side. If the car stereo does not see an input, it won't connect. Therefore you can have these two devices not recognizing each other because their sensing circuitry is not coordinating. Making for great difficulty establishing and maintaining a connection. The loud noise between each track is somehow connected. The junk noise would appear to be bad shielding. however KitKat is known to have bad audio issues so it's hard to tell. Strange that it's just the left channel. Makes me think it is hardware-related. I've noticed that the junk noise is directly related to display activity. When you activate the display and start scrolling or navigating, the noises are directly proportional to the activity on the screen. Again, seems like a bad shielding issue between audio conductors and high-frequency conductors that are driving the display

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

holvey

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a Mazda3 and playing music and making calls via Bluetooth have been great, the only thing missing is Meta Data showing up on the dashboard, but I have grown accustom to this because my old Iphone didn't either. Have not tried the AUX cord.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon