Auto or Manual Brightness?

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Auto at 50 my battery life has been great best android phone yet. Better than my one m8 and blows doors off my nexus 5

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Manual at 61%. I don't like how the Auto dims at the wrong times for me. On my G2 I think I had manual at 75% and would like to do the same here but I want to see how it goes with battery life for a few weeks before upping it.

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Manual, I find the auto trying too hard to adjust to every little shadow. I wish it would just pick a setting and go with it for that particular viewing session. It's quite distracting FWP

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just bumped mine to 75 manual. 61 works well indoors. I was just outside and had to pull the phone out to make a call and with the Florida sun just a bit too dim and bumped it to 75. We'll see how it effects battery.

manual 40% any more is too bright

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to LG and my Samsung didn't have auto and a level. Is there a difference between auto 61 and auto 75 or is auto, auto?

I second this!

I think the way it works, though, is that it's still auto, but the range is either more dim or more bright. I believe this is how Android L is handling it now.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Is there an option to manually tweak the auto settings, like in my LiquidSmooth 4.4.2 ROM? I am not sure if this is a KitKat feature or what, but I love being able to adjust how bright my screen gets when a certain amount of ambient light is available.