Using the G3 with my Mac?

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Well no luck at all which is a bummer cause i do like the G3. Its just an inconvenience not being able to drag and drop with my Mac using the usb. Thinking of returning it unfortunately...

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Still no luck getting this to work. I downloaded the LG drivers and put the phone in MTP mode, but AFT still doesn't recognize it. My Network connection does come up and thinks the phone is a modem, but I have no idea what to do from there.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Still no luck getting this to work. I downloaded the LG drivers and put the phone in MTP mode, but AFT still doesn't recognize it. My Network connection does come up and thinks the phone is a modem, but I have no idea what to do from there.

Your not alone! I had no luck either which sucks. AFT doesnt recognize it and when i click on MTP mode it just stays in a loop showing the notification bar.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
At worst,slap your micro sd into sd card and into your Mac. You can transfer music,ringtones and other media. Why can't they play nice?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
At worst,slap your micro sd into sd card and into your Mac. You can transfer music,ringtones and other media. Why can't they play nice?

That was going to be my next move, though it pisses me off that I need to buy a sd card and sd card reader. Even with 15gb of music, 32gb should be enough for me. I don't install a ton of apps and I move pics and videos to my computer regularly. At least I got that $100 Best Buy gift card for buying the phone there.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
That was going to be my next move, though it pisses me off that I need to buy a sd card and sd card reader. Even with 15gb of music, 32gb should be enough for me. I don't install a ton of apps and I move pics and videos to my computer regularly. At least I got that $100 Best Buy gift card for buying the phone there.

I've moved to the cloud with spotify for music,Google photos and drive for backup of some apps. I'm not rooted,so that's about as good as it gets.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue too when I upgraded to the M8.

On the M8 forums it was posted that you need to restart your iMac with it plugged in. I have the Late 2013 27" running Mavericks.

I can't say if it works because I ended up exchanging it for the S5 and I'm so happy I did! :) No issues too, android file transfer (which I prefer) opened as soon as I plugged her in.

Pro S5

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue too when I upgraded to the M8.

On the M8 forums it was posted that you need to restart your iMac with it plugged in. I have the Late 2013 27" running Mavericks.

I can't say if it works because I ended up exchanging it for the S5 and I'm so happy I did! :) No issues too, android file transfer (which I prefer) opened as soon as I plugged her in.

Pro S5

When i was using the Htc One M7 it had the exact same problems with android file transfer. I tried the restarting with it plugged in an nope that didnt work.

I tried the same for the G3 an still nothing. Its a shame because i do like the G3 but not being able to transfer music photos an videos is a bummer. An its a setback if i have to take the sd card out each time to do this.

Im on the latest OS X version.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Should work fine. U just received mine yesterday. I plugged it into my Mac. And Android file transfer come up. I then began to shuffle files around. I was pleasantly surprised as with my Note 3 I never worked.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Should work fine. U just received mine yesterday. I plugged it into my Mac. And Android file transfer come up. I then began to shuffle files around. I was pleasantly surprised as with my Note 3 I never worked.

Awesome! I wish it were working but its not. I have no idea whats going on.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Wonder why. Wish I was more technical to help you but I cannot. I had that problem with my note. I'm check later and see if it still connects. Good luck.

gonzorama

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

I Join the conversation because I simply have the same issues. ( and tried everything as you )

I'm a rookie on Androïd, G3's my first one and maybe the problem could Be OS Maverick.
If it works on mountain lion this is surely the point.

Did Anyone tried to contact LG consumer service ? I'll try tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692