Using the G3 with my Mac?

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
How do i use the G3 with my Mac? With the M7 i had the software installed which was just drag and drop items into the folders and it worked.

Is there software i need to download from somewhere to do the same for the G3 or is it incompatible?

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to post the same thing. I was tyring to copy over my music folder last night and my Mac wouldn't find the device. I installed the Android File Transfer app per Googles instructions, but when I opened it, I got a message saying no Android device found.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to post the same thing. I was tyring to copy over my music folder last night and my Mac wouldn't find the device. I installed the Android File Transfer app per Googles instructions, but when I opened it, I got a message saying no Android device found.

Yeah the android file transfer app has went down the drain an stopped working for me earlier this year. I think google gave up on updates for it.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Maddening why different ecosystems can't play nice. My Mac doesn't recognize my g3,just the same way it didn't my g2

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Maddening why different ecosystems can't play nice. My Mac doesn't recognize my g3,just the same way it didn't my g2

Yeah no kidding! This makes no sense.

So i take it your not able to transfer files,pics etc over to your mac like me then?

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah no kidding! This makes no sense.

So i take it your not able to transfer files,pics etc over to your mac like me then?

There is an ota way on the g2,I'm sure there is for g3. On g2 forum,look for user jwill (I think) that wrote in depth about it

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you set your phone to Media sync by tapping the USB icon in your notifications tray? I believe it was the media sync one. Theres only two to choose from so try them both. It worked for me on Mountain Lion.

I launched Android File Transfer on my laptop, plugged the phone in to get the USB in my notications on my phone screen and then tapped the USB to select media sync and boom it worked.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
There is an ota way on the g2,I'm sure there is for g3. On g2 forum,look for user jwill (I think) that wrote in depth about it

ota would take forever with photos an videos

What about using Samsung Kies?

I never tried or used it
I'm running Mountain Lion (OSX) but I just used the android file transfer and it worked fine for me.

Android.com

And your using a G3??

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you set your phone to Media sync by tapping the USB icon in your notifications tray? I believe it was the media sync one. Theres only two to choose from so try them both. It worked for me on Mountain Lion.

I launched Android File Transfer on my laptop, plugged the phone in to get the USB in my notications on my phone screen and then tapped the USB to select media sync and boom it worked.

When i tapped the usb icon it says installing pc software an then i selected media sync , now all it does is beep flashing the notification bar saying ''connected as a media device (mtp)'' but doesnt do anything when i connect to my mac, just beeps an flashes.

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site

I didn't notice that option. I will give it a try when get home tonight. Thanks

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
When i tapped the usb icon it says installing pc software an then i selected media sync , now all it does is beep flashing the notification bar saying ''connected as a media device (mtp)'' but doesnt do anything when i connect to my mac, just beeps an flashes.

Did you launch Android File Transfer on the computer before connecting the device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670