OKay QI is dead on AT&T, How to switch to PMA?

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have accepted my fate on AT&T and want the LG G3 (and G Watch), but the problem is simple. I'm willing to switch to PMA, however it doesn't seem like PMA builds the charging coils into the phone, for god knows what reason. The only PMA case for the G3 is the circle case.

Has anyone found a replacement G3 back that will support PMA chargers. I'll buy some PMA chargers and call ti a day, this way I can go about getting AT&T phones happily again. Thanks in advance.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have accepted my fate on AT&T and want the LG G3 (and G Watch), but the problem is simple. I'm willing to switch to PMA, however it doesn't seem like PMA builds the charging coils into the phone, for god knows what reason. The only PMA case for the G3 is the circle case.

Has anyone found a replacement G3 back that will support PMA chargers. I'll buy some PMA chargers and call ti a day, this way I can go about getting AT&T phones happily again. Thanks in advance.

I'd like to know about this as well. I'm willing to pull the trigger on a PMA charger, but I need to find a back plate to use it with.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
There's going to be more than a couple of people keeping their eyes on this thread. I have no desire for the circle case and won't be buying one, in fact I don't want any PMA case, I just want a PMA back cover. Over time someone at XDA will probably develop some type of hardware hack but who knows how long that will take.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I feel like i'm going to get the circle case to start. my issue it I don't think the G3 will fit in my ProClip USA cradle in my car and i love those things they have changed how i use a phone in the car. I might go commando and drill the plastic to fit the device. Well see.

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'd be more okay with PMA if there were more chargers. As it stands it could take a while or never. Still hoping someone will figure out Qi charging for ATT G3...

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
There's going to be more than a couple of people keeping their eyes on this thread. I have no desire for the circle case and won't be buying one, in fact I don't want any PMA case, I just want a PMA back cover. Over time someone at XDA will probably develop some type of hardware hack but who knows how long that will take.

What's with hardware hacks, rooting, this and that. I'm not mcguiver. I just want the **** to work.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

awtryau89

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Duracell Powermat White 24-hour Power System- iPhone 4/4S accessories from AT&T

I gave in today and am going with PMA. The link above is your best option. For $10 you cannot go wrong. Check your local stores and get them if you can. I grabbed 2 today and my local corporate store. It comes with an 1850ma battery too. I haven't gotten the PMA back yet but I plan on doing something like getting the Quick Circle case and removing the coil and putting it in my back.

I will say the PMA pads are nicer than any Qi I have tried. The magnetic feature is very nice. It also has a tone to let you know when connected. This along with Starbucks chargers, this may not be so bad after all.

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Duracell Powermat White 24-hour Power System- iPhone 4/4S accessories from AT&T

I gave in today and am going with PMA. The link above is your best option. For $10 you cannot go wrong. Check your local stores and get them if you can. I grabbed 2 today and my local corporate store. It comes with an 1850ma battery too. I haven't gotten the PMA back yet but I plan on doing something like getting the Quick Circle case and removing the coil and putting it in my back.

I will say the PMA pads are nicer than any Qi I have tried. The magnetic feature is very nice. It also has a tone to let you know when connected. This along with Starbucks chargers, this may not be so bad after all.

Unfortunately none around where I live - would have loved to pick one up at that price :(

If anyone hears of any more good deals on any other compatible pads, please post.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12