Bluetooth Song Titles Passthrough?

Z Z2

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

I had an AT&T S4 and after the last OS update, suddenly my Spotify app was passing through song titles to my Toyota FJ factory radio display, streaming via bluetooth. Prior to that, streaming occurred but, the radio just said, "No Title".

Yesterday I got an AT&T G3 and after pairing up fine with the radio, I get great music streaming in, but "No Title" on the display.

I'm rooted, froze a bunch of apps, and changed some permissions as well.

So, I'm trying to track down whether this is an Android version issue, or a frozen app/permissions issue. I would really like to get this passing through song titles as the S4 was.

Anyone have any ideas as to what drives that functionality?

Thanks,

Digger

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

I had an AT&T S4 and after the last OS update, suddenly my Spotify app was passing through song titles to my Toyota FJ factory radio display, streaming via bluetooth. Prior to that, streaming occurred but, the radio just said, "No Title".

Yesterday I got an AT&T G3 and after pairing up fine with the radio, I get great music streaming in, but "No Title" on the display.

I'm rooted, froze a bunch of apps, and changed some permissions as well.

So, I'm trying to track down whether this is an Android version issue, or a frozen app/permissions issue. I would really like to get this passing through song titles as the S4 was.

Anyone have any ideas as to what drives that functionality?

Thanks,

Digger
Exact same thing happened with my Toyota Corolla. I hope they fix it cause I liked seeing the song titles on my radio.

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything like that. :)
btw, I'm a girl.

Z Z2

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been paying close attention but is it an Android version issue? My G3 shipped with 4.4.2. Was the AT&T S4 upgraded to 4.4.3 in the past few months? That's when I started noticing the song titles passing through. If so, is there something manual I can do to Bluetooth on the G3 to make that work? As I said, I'm rooted. Thanks.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been paying close attention but is it an Android version issue? My G3 shipped with 4.4.2. Was the AT&T S4 upgraded to 4.4.3 in the past few months? That's when I started noticing the song titles passing through. If so, is there something manual I can do to Bluetooth on the G3 to make that work? As I said, I'm rooted. Thanks.
I don't remember what version I had with T-Mobile on my s4 but I think it was 4.4.2 just cause I remember being thrilled by the white icons and my favorite candy is Kitkat so yeah lol
As far as I know with this version it should work so it is something that LG did to stop it. :(

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything like that. :)
btw, I'm a girl.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
My car was so iPhone friendly. I had album art and everything on my display. 2012 Hyundai veloster. When I switched all I could get was song title. That was with g2. Now nothing

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool