How to cover the front LG logo on the G3

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I've never let logos bother me. Even the branding on the Verizon phone wouldn't bother me. Companies are going to brand their stuff... Cars do it.. Keyboards.. Mouses... Stoves.. Fridges... Etc. They want to have people know the brand when they look at it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Yes, manufacturers do brand their stuff, I.E. Samsung, LG, Sony, Epson, GE, and so forth. BUT, but now you have carrier branded logos as well such as VZW, AT&T, and T-Mo. So BOTH logos are on each phone. And none are readily removable.

On cars, you see the make and model logo and occasionally you see the sellers sticker on the back. That sticker can be removed. Or it's a license plate frame but whatever. You don't see a logo of the gas station that supplies the fuel.

On stoves and fridges, you see the manufacturer and the model maybe. You don't see a logo of the supplying electric company.

Point is, manufacturer branding is a given. Carriers are a service. Putting manufacturer and service branding is asinine and tacky as hell. :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, manufacturers do brand their stuff, I.E. Samsung, LG, Sony, Epson, GE, and so forth. BUT, but now you have carrier branded logos as well such as VZW, AT&T, and T-Mo. So BOTH logos are on each phone. And none are readily removable.

On cars, you see the make and model logo and occasionally you see the sellers sticker on the back. That sticker can be removed. Or it's a license plate frame but whatever. You don't see a logo of the gas station that supplies the fuel.

On stoves and fridges, you see the manufacturer and the model maybe. You don't see a logo of the supplying electric company.

Point is, manufacturer branding is a given. Carriers are a service. Putting manufacturer and service branding is asinine and tacky as hell. :)

No carrier branding here in Scotland woooohooooo :)

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Sprint doesn't either! Just says LG on the front and back and I'm ok with that!

You do get why they do it, so if your out with your G3 or whatever and someone glances, goes home and then thinks I want a G3 and then Verizon will spring to mind.

I have my tin hat on to this use of psychology lol

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I can readily understand why some users are so against Verizon and LG branding. If their phone were bare they could claim they made it themselves.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You do get why they do it, so if your out with your G3 or whatever and someone glances, goes home and then thinks I want a G3 and then Verizon will spring to mind.

I have my tin hat on to this use of psychology lol

I do get it. That's my problem. I do not like carrier branding. If they want to know who I'm with, they can ask, otherwise don't stare at me or my phone....you will get punched! :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I do get it. That's my problem. I do not like carrier branding. If they want to know who I'm with, they can ask, otherwise don't stare at me or my phone....you will get punched! :)

Now now violence doesn't solve anything but a f off would suffice lol

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
imo sticker would be worlds better than paint. you could never get nail polish to look smooth over just the logo or glass... as well as color match the silver. or if you blacked out the entire area with polish i can just imagine the brush streak.

You could see if a company like skinit will make/sell a thin black strip to black out the area. or a screensaver where they black out the bottom or tape off the area and sharpee the bottom of the screen saver or overlay a tint film and cut to shape.

personally the logo doesnt bother me.

But youll put sticker over it humm.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

But carrier branding isn't new at all.. Been around a long time.. So not sure why the hype :).

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The LG logo doesn't bother me. I think it looks nice. What I can't stand is the carrier logo (T-Mobile) on the back. I still don't understand why iPhone is the only phone that don't have the carriers logo on it????? What makes those phones so special? I have to admit that's one thing I liked about iPhones when I owned them.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

I think apple knows that they don't need carrier help to sell their phones. There's no other manufacturers to compete with on the ios platform. Lol. I'm sure carriers have asked and apple politely told them that they don't need carriers to sell their phones as ppl can buy them online or in an apple store.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I think apple knows that they don't need carrier help to sell their phones. There's no other manufacturers to compete with on the ios platform. Lol. I'm sure carriers have asked and apple politely told them that they don't need carriers to sell their phones as ppl can buy them online or in an apple store.
Basically Apple is forcing carriers to keep the branding off the phones. They also control the updates, unlike Android. It has little to do with marketing the product, and more to do with the carrier making a rule in their contract with Samsung, HTC, moto etc. to force them to use their logo and software version. Apple has leverage because of how exclusive their phones are with the lack of manufacturers making them. This trend started when they went exclusive with AT&T.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
But carrier branding isn't new at all.. Been around a long time.. So not sure why the hype :).

Because they be UGLY! :)

Personally, I don't really care if they put their logo on it as long as it is unobtrusive. I'm just glad Sprint doesn't do it. :)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Well atleast its not in the statues bar like cough AT&T Cough.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because they be UGLY! :)

Personally, I don't really care if they put their logo on it as long as it is unobtrusive. I'm just glad Sprint doesn't do it. :)

True :).

Well atleast its not in the statues bar like cough AT&T Cough.

Yeah now that would annoy me... Since that takes up notification space. Branding on the back or front does nothing in terms of functionality.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae