Freezing/locking up

alengman

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone experience any freezing or locking up? Got my Verizon G3 today and it had locked up on me 3 times. I was doing some heavy app downloading and changing settings when it locked up. The screen went black each time and would not turn back on. I had to do a battery pull.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Got mine today and had no such experience. Could just be the be the heavy downloading. However, I did switch to ART before loading apps and setting up the phone. Strongly suggest it. Can't imagine dalvik being any snappier. Coming from an M8 and could be happier.Are you still experiencing the lock up issues?

Posted via Android Central App

alengman

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I too switched to ART before downloading and making changes. The last locked up was about 3 hours ago. I'm hoping it stops because I love the phone so far.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I too switched to ART before downloading and making changes. The last locked up was about 3 hours ago. I'm hoping it stops because I love the phone so far.

Dude that blows, I'm sure it was due to the heavy app loading/downloading

Was it hot before it locked up?

alengman

May 2, 2010
Visit site

It was hot the first couple of times. I was charging it at the same time as I just got it and it only had 45%. The last time it locked up I was not charging it, don't think it was hot either.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Sounds to me that heavy app downloading would be the root cause.

Of all the niggles reported on these forums I have only very slight lag in the app drawer (update will fix).

Hope all is well now mate :)

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been a bit laggy, but that may be due to the fact that I was setting it all up and using it for the first time.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
llama hates ART...mine froze, rebooted, shutoff on it's own...and couldn't even deactivate until I switched back to dalvik and then I finally uninstalled.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1