Knock Knock Code turns off after restart

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I noticed a bug twice today that is annoying...knock code stopped working randomly for me and went back to the default swipe lockscreen. Just now I did a restart and it happened again. Anyone else seeing this bug?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine did that once. On the AT&T model. No idea what set it off but it asked me for my password when I tried to activate the phone and then asked me to choose a lock screen. No idea how it got to those settings on its own.

Brerlapn

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
So I noticed a bug twice today that is annoying...knock code stopped working randomly for me and went back to the default swipe lockscreen. Just now I did a restart and it happened again. Anyone else seeing this bug?

I had a problem with knock code disabling randomly, as well. When I would wake up the phone it would ask for the backup PIN. At the time I was seeing this behavior, I had the phone set to lock 10 minutes after screen timeout. I changed that setting to lock immediately upon screen timeout. Since the change, I haven't seen the behavior anymore. My hunch was that the phone was jostling against my leg, turning itself on, and then thinking I had "failed" the knock code too many times and asking for the PIN. At any rate, I haven't seen that happen since I set the lock at immediately after timeout.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

never had the issue , probably a bugg in the os. the os needs updates anyways.
its a bit laggy just like g2.. who knows if they will ever update. but hey its better than slow samsung touchwiz.

Brerlapn

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
As an update, I think that if you have the phone with the screen facing toward your leg in your pocket, you are probably inadvertently pressing the power button. The power button activates the screen, which as it bumps against your leg or rubs against the inside of your pocket, creates false "failed unlock" attempts. At least I think this is why I've had this problem. Given the physical design of the phone, at this point I'm not sure how to avoid this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool