G3 Notification Light Not Flashing

goas123

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So I just got the G3 yesterday and finally have it setup. I have noticed though that the notification light does not seem to be functioning. When i receive notifications there is no flashing, regardless of the type of notification. I know the light is not broken because it does flash blue when I knock on the screen, and it also lights red when charging. I downloaded Light Flow to see if I could force the light, but that does not seem to have worked either. I checked to make sure the notification light was set to on under the Display setting page. Not sure what's going on, anything I may be missing?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I went into the settings and deactivated the notification light then activated it and clicked on each option for missed call, messages, and unchecked and rechecked the box and after that it worked.

Posted via Android Central App

goas123

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I went into the settings and deactivated the notification light then activated it and clicked on each option for missed call, messages, and unchecked and rechecked the box and after that it worked.

Gave it a shot but still not working. Its strange because when I click each of those check boxes it flashes a preview of the notification light, so I know it works, just nothing happens when the real thing comes through.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried a soft reset? That worked for me when my auto rotate screen stopped working.

goas123

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Next step return to store and get a replacement

Think I got it figured out. It had something to do with the volume setting. I turned on the sound and it started working. Now when I put it back on vibrate it still works. Not sure what the deal is, but thanks for the feedback!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Think I got it figured out. It had something to do with the volume setting. I turned on the sound and it started working. Now when I put it back on vibrate it still works. Not sure what the deal is, but thanks for the feedback!

Well sometimes all it takes is to mess around for an hour or perhaps two lol

Glad you got it sorted :)

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

I've heard of DND modes disabling notification lights but that was a little strange. I hope it doesn't happen again.

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought my LED wasn't working as well but then I noticed that it just blinks really slowly. It only blinks every 10 seconds. At least that's what I have observed. I'm really looking for the LED to blink every 2-3 seconds. Anyone know how? I've tried Lightflow and Light Manager and neither one seem to work on the G3 yet.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought my LED wasn't working as well but then I noticed that it just blinks really slowly. It only blinks every 10 seconds. At least that's what I have observed. I'm really looking for the LED to blink every 2-3 seconds. Anyone know how? I've tried Lightflow and Light Manager and neither one seem to work on the G3 yet.

I'm using light flow and is working great. I have the setting set to fast and now the light dances so I will never miss a notification. Not a pro but maybe you have some settings you need to set.

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm using light flow and is working great. I have the setting set to fast and now the light dances so I will never miss a notification. Not a pro but maybe you have some settings you need to set.

Are you on ART or dalvik? I'm on ART, that may be why.

LauraWA

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea if on ART, just starting to learn about it. Will try out and see if that changes anything. Otherwise still not working.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Wish it were that easy...mine is Verizon.

I had the same problem of not working but I don't know what I did frankly to make it work. All I did was to take the battery our couple of times and later it started to work. I messed with the settings on the phone settings and on the light flow so much I couldn't tell you what made it work...sorry. Just keep trying something...worst come, take it back and have them see at Verizon and they'll maybe replace!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34