LG G3 What phone did you come from?

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
So as I state in the title I wanted to see what phones people had previously before picking up the G3. Please feel free to help people like me who wanna know how it compares to their current phone. I am still using my Moto X trying to decide whether or not to switch. So no matter what phone you had post the likes and dislikes compared to your old phone to help people like me decide!

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: What phone did you come from?

Previously had a flip phone, can't find the dialer on this thing.

Posted via Android Central App

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I came from the LG optimus g, and so far I'm loving the g3. The feel of the phone is far better than the optimus g.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Poltergeist93

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site

Went from a Kyocera Hydro to a Motorola G. I love Motorola <3 Will definitely be picking up the Motorola X+1 when its released :)

Sent from my Moto G using AC Forums mobile app

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site

HTC One M8, which has been my favorite phone up until this point. I've had the G3 for two days and I'm liking it a lot so far. Just need to see how the battery life holds up over the next few days as I go about my different routines. M8 battery was the best I've had so far, so I'd imagine it'll be hard to top.

csmith1289

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

I used the note 3 for about 9 months, then tried out the iPhone 5s and then the m8. I'm very happy and impressed with the g3. It definitely stacks up to the note 3 and I didn't think that was possible. At times I miss the note but this phone is amazing. I do notice a little more lag on the g3 as compared to the other devices but I'm sure that'll be resolved soon.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I came from the note 3 and I went back to the note 3. The g3 seems like a decent phone, but I just like the feel of my note 3 better. The g3 has that cheap plastic feel to me. Also didn't like how half the notification panel was used up in sliders and buttons. I think the g3 takes better pictures, but taking pictures on my phone is not my priority in a phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

cgooge14

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

Came from the Lumia 1520...I do like the G3 better. I was an Apple fanboy forever and then went to Windows Phone. Android has been impressive and I am still figuring out all of the little nuances.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Interesting. I had read a lot of reviews that seemingly disparaged the plastic back of the G3. After finally getting the phone, I have to say that I forget it's plastic. I think the actual feel of the back is better than that of the M8.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Everyone has a opinion, but when you have a note 3 there is definitely a plastic feel to the g3. I've only played with the m8 at the store, don't recall the difference there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the g3 is a bad phone, but it definitely is plastic, but most phones are. I just like that faux leather feel of the note 3, and yes I know it's plastic, but to me just feels better in hand is all.

You have to give Samsung credit, the note 3 is almost 11 months old and it's still a strong competitor today with the new phones being released today.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

Most recently came from the Moto X. I loved it but the internals were too underpowered after a while. It got bogged down pretty badly. I love the G3 so far. I think only the nexus 6 could make me put down the G3.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Came from the note 3 to the 5s to the G3. I definitely like the G3. Have not noticed much lag. Loved my Note 3. Switched to the 5s to try that out. While a good phone that was the battery life was horrendous. Figured I would try the G3 and I do far enjoy it. Do not think it feels to plasticy but I use a case anyway so I don't notice either way. Anyway hello all just got the device yesterday so I'll be around for a bit.