10-15-2014 10:55 PM
37 12
tools
    Are you on a T-Mobile device?
    07-21-2014 10:14 PM
    Go into the camera settings-gear icon and you should see a SD card icon?

Nope. It doesn't exist. I figured it would be in the settings like all of my other previous android phones. I have no idea what's going on.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-21-2014 10:32 PM
    I just got the LG G3 yesterday and so far I like it. With my old Samsung phone, I was able to change notification tone for specific contacts. Does anyone know if it is possible on the G3 to change a contacts notification tone for when they text you?
    07-22-2014 12:49 PM
    I just got the LG G3 yesterday and so far I like it. With my old Samsung phone, I was able to change notification tone for specific contacts. Does anyone know if it is possible on the G3 to change a contacts notification tone for when they text you?
    No we can't. I couldn't do it with the g2 either. I use textra to be able to have customized notifications for texts.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-22-2014 10:28 PM
    No we can't. I couldn't do it with the g2 either. I use textra to be able to have customized notifications for texts.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
    i seem to be able to set notification tone for any contact.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7essjmecrd...8-05-04-55.png
    07-23-2014 05:20 AM
    seems like most people who have issues with the phone really have issues with finding out how to use the phone.
    leroybrute likes this.
    07-23-2014 09:32 AM
    seems like most people who have issues with the phone really have issues with finding out how to use the phone.
    its not hard to use pretty easy.
    07-23-2014 04:09 PM
    Thought id update my post

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    07-24-2014 09:11 PM
    i seem to be able to set notification tone for any contact.
    I don't have the option of changing the notification type for specific contacts either. The next option after "Ringtone" for me is "Vibration Type". I tried to add a field but that didn't help either. On my HTC device it was easy to ignore a contact as well. I found this option on my G3 but it was harder to locate and now I can't find it again.
    10-15-2014 03:57 PM
    ^^^Welcome to AC and the G3 forum.☺

The notification sounds are confusing....the more so for me because I have three phones, all in use for different things at the same time, and I lose track of what sound means what. I was startled and confused when one went off in a drawer the other day....couldn't work out what it meant. In fact, it turned out to be someone making a TELEPHONE CALL.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-15-2014 06:09 PM
    I don't have the option of changing the notification type for specific contacts either. The next option after "Ringtone" for me is "Vibration Type". I tried to add a field but that didn't help either. On my HTC device it was easy to ignore a contact as well. I found this option on my G3 but it was harder to locate and now I can't find it again.
    Are you going into contacts and selecting which one you want, then editing? It allows me to select a ringtone and message notification sound for each contact.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-15-2014 07:18 PM
    Are you going into contacts and selecting which one you want, then editing? It allows me to select a ringtone and message notification sound for each contact.
    I was surprised to see that I don't have the option to set a notification sound on mine, either (Sprint LS990). I use Handcent, which has that feature, so it's not a big deal. But that option definitely isn't there.
    10-15-2014 10:55 PM
37 12