New to forum: Question regarding G3 verizon data network connections

anon(1993947)

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a G3 on Verizon and overall it is a fantastic device and I am loving everything about it.

I switched from Sprint and an unlimited plan. So now I have to watch my data usage as I have a 2gb plan with Verizon. I use wifi whenever possible. But sporadicly I get this message that appears regarding my visual voicemail which I use. It appears only when using wifi.

"Data Service N/A" .Data network connections are not available Once your network connection is restored, visual voicemail will synchronize your voice mails".

Now it seems to go away when I turn on mobile data. Ordinarily I dont care about something like this, but the problem is the message appears in conjunction with the voicemail icon in the upper left corner of the phone. So now I think I have a voicemail when in reality the icon is just the error message appearing.

So how can I get this message to permanently disappear so that I don't think I have a voicemail? I would totally get rid of visual voicemail if necessary, if that is the only way then can someone tell me how to get rid of visual voicemail?

Thanks!

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered Google Voice? Great alternative, I use it versus the Verizon option.

I picked up a G3 on Verizon and overall it is a fantastic device and I am loving everything about it.

I switched from Sprint and an unlimited plan. So now I have to watch my data usage as I have a 2gb plan with Verizon. I use wifi whenever possible. But sporadicly I get this message that appears regarding my visual voicemail which I use. It appears only when using wifi.

"Data Service N/A" .Data network connections are not available Once your network connection is restored, visual voicemail will synchronize your voice mails".

Now it seems to go away when I turn on mobile data. Ordinarily I dont care about something like this, but the problem is the message appears in conjunction with the voicemail icon in the upper left corner of the phone. So now I think I have a voicemail when in reality the icon is just the error message appearing.

So how can I get this message to permanently disappear so that I don't think I have a voicemail? I would totally get rid of visual voicemail if necessary, if that is the only way then can someone tell me how to get rid of visual voicemail?

Thanks!

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have this same issue. 4 times a day the voicemail icon shows up with a notice that says data connection n/a. Its very annoying. I also have the G watch and about every 10 minutes it tells me I am now connected to my home wifi.

I am currently on my 3rd G3 from Verizon. None of the previous ones showed data connection issues, but I believe this one might be connection and disconnecting from WiFi regularly.

Its super frustrating. My first one had a bad speaker. The second one overheated. I was hoping this one would be better, but getting data message about WiFi and networks n/a all day is really annoying.

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I went to Verizon today...seems that this issue has to do with a faulty WiFi connection. If you are having this issue try to swap it out. That's what they did for me.

Posted via Android Central App

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue. 4 times a day the voicemail icon shows up with a notice that says data connection n/a. Its very annoying. I also have the G watch and about every 10 minutes it tells me I am now connected to my home wifi.

I am currently on my 3rd G3 from Verizon. None of the previous ones showed data connection issues, but I believe this one might be connection and disconnecting from WiFi regularly.

Its super frustrating. My first one had a bad speaker. The second one overheated. I was hoping this one would be better, but getting data message about WiFi and networks n/a all day is really annoying.

You need to login to your Verizon account and change from basic Visual Voice Mail to basic voice mail. Visual Voice Mail is cool but it gave me that annoying network connection message 2-3 times an hour.

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Ha ha 3 phones. Might b time to go back to your iphone.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

groin1

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
It's Visual Voicemail as Trivor suggested earlier in thread. For me, the notifications began when I started my 30-day trial with VV. Once I turned it off Visual Voice Mail, the notifications stopped

To do this, log into your Verizon account and do the following: How to Stop "data network connections" Notifications (Verizon)

It's a little tricky because when I went into my account, it looked like VV wasn't selected, but once you choose "Basic VM" it shows whether you had Visual activated or not.

matt hlivjak

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Nobody should go back to Apple. The way they have become is ridiculous. There's been so many problems with software issues and lack of storage since the software takes up so much space. Stick with android. Hopefully the Lollipop update will fix the voicemail issue. I have the exact same problem and its seriously annoying but switching to an inferior phone won't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox