Google Location services?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ive got a question in regards to location settings and reporting. I have in the past not noticed that my location is in use at the notification bar and now it seems that everytime i look at my phone i have the icon showing my gps or location settings is in use..I want to try and conserve my battery for one and two i dont want google reporting my location all the damn time. Im so sick of these apps that are forcing me to be able to be tracked on facebook or maps or every other thing you can think of.
What does the accelerated location do for use qualcomm izat hardware etc under the location mode do?

What about this google location reporting? Do i need to have those on or can i uncheck these two boxes?

What is the best for privacy and for battery usage? I dont use google now its not active.. Seems like there is alot of google wanting to know exactly where we are all the time and im not some conspiracy theorist but this is getting rediculous about all the tracking going on...
Will the little bubble or whatever the icon is called for location reporting that shows up when i used to use navigation , will it now just pop up off and on all the time now? Does anyone else notice that it sure does show up alot now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I keep my Location Services on, but set at Battery Saving (which uses only wi-fi and mobile data to estimate location). The only time I would turn on the actual GPS is if I'm using the phone to navigate while driving (which is rarely, since I have GPS built-in to my car already).

I also turn Location Reporting off. The main use for Location Reporting is if you want to share your location with other people on Google+ (which I never do). Location Reporting also has to be on for Google Offers to work, so if I ever use that, I'll turn Reporting on briefly, then turn it off. Google Now uses Location Reporting in order to learn your commute, but with it turned off, it will still know where you are and give you appropriate location-specific information (like weather, nearby attractions, etc.). In my experience, Location Reporting causes an increase in battery use, since it requires the phone to partially wake up more frequently to report back to Google via the web.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Is this only happening when your signed into your google account on the phone or in general the location services turns on by itself?

Anyone else having this issue with location turning on by itself?