Go back to your M8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If anyone else has a problem, please don't end the sentence with " This doesn't happen on my M8"
Just go back to your M8 quietly. Thanks

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol bitter much. That is part of comparing. There are people who say the same vice versa.

Posted via Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually i see more trolls and hate here than the M8 and gs5 forums. And i followed those since they were part of the rumor section.

So sad

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My thing I personally like this phone. I really want to make this phone work. I just can tell easily the build quality both hardware and software for me favors the M8. The M8 was my first phone coming back from WP. Is it the best phone? Probably not. Is it better than the G3? In alot of cases yes. Ironically the G3 has turned into my daily driver. The pop up windows and quick view and qslide I'm starting to like. Now I can't speak for people y'all consider trolls but for me yes I will say the M8 doesn't do this. I'm not bashing anything about the G3. I just see alot of room for improvements. Right now my biggest gripe is the compass inaccuracies.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It seems like whenever there is a new phone you get a lot of trolling and hating. It will end soon people will move on to the next big thing.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It seems like whenever there is a new phone you get a lot of trolling and hating. It will end soon people will move on to the next big thing.

Unless it Samsung... They get it 24/7

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Most of these complaint threads are from people that never even used the phone. They just read other reviews and spit the same thing, claiming it's their experience. Fanboyism is a sick problem. lol

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Most of these complaint threads are from people that never even used the phone. They just read other reviews and spit the same thing, claiming it's their experience. Fanboyism is a sick problem. lol

Gotcha. I don't pay attention to fanboyism. It can be very asinine. It's one of the reason I been visiting less on WPCentral. Nokiaism has been one of the worse form of fanboyism I have ever seen. Add WP on it and it's like listening to people with small man syndrome. You should see the hate over there for Samsung ATIV phones no one has ever used.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
tbh m8 sucks major *****. its not even good. only good thing thats good about it is the speakers the rest sucks. just like any other htc phones it sucks its poor cheap body just like gs phones and there ui is worse than touchwiz. rather use a windows phone..

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
tbh m8 sucks major *****. its not even good. only good thing thats good about it is the speakers the rest sucks. just like any other htc phones it sucks its poor cheap body just like gs phones and there ui is worse than touchwiz. rather use a windows phone..

See what I mean

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The M8 is a piece of crap nah I can't do it lol the M8 is a very well build device, sense 6 is great, Camera is not the best but wouldn't say poor.

Get a grip if you were being serious lol

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the M8 for a short time, and generally liked it. However, the G3 is much better. My list of pros/cons in comparing these two phones, based on my own experience:

HTC One M8:
  • Nice aluminum build quality, and blue/red are very attractive colors
  • Front speakers are great.
  • Ultra Pixel rear camera can take some really good shots. Problem is, it's wildly inconsistent, and takes a lot of bad photos as well. Hard to get a blue sky on a bright sunny day that doesn't have a bunch of noise. Takes more bad shots than good.
  • Front-facing camera is very nice, amongst the best out there.
  • Sense UI is fast and responsive. No lag.

LG G3:
  • Build is very good, with a clean style. Not quite as good as the M8, but still much better than anything that Samsung has put out.
  • Battery life is excellent. After the first couple of charges, this thing goes and goes. Very impressive.
  • Screen is a beauty, better than any other mainstream phone out there right now. Everything looks great. TIP: If you want more contrast and color pop, go to the Accessibility page in Settings, and adjust it there.
  • The UI has a little lag in spots, but after I disabled some services, it's pretty smooth. A lot of nice little touches - weather animation on the lock screen when there is rain/thunder/snow in your area. Knocking the screen to wake the device (or put it to sleep), as well as knock patterns to unlock are great. Every phone should have this!
  • The G3 stays cool. My M8 would get very hot at times, thanks to the aluminum body, which transmitted heat.
  • The G3 rear camera is fantastic, and in most situations, much better than the M8! If the camera is important to you, the G3 is the better choice. If you're into taking tons of selfies, the G3 front camera is OK, but certainly not as good as the M8.

I also want to point out a couple of smaller things that make the LG G3 better (in my opinion, and for my usage) than the M8. The multi-colored LED notification is great. I have Light Flow installed, and have it using different colors and flash patterns (M8 can't do this). The built-in launcher supports scrollable wallpaper on the home screen (M8 does not, without going third-party). The on-screen home buttons are soft buttons, and can be customized. Even better, they can be instructed to not display on applications you define, including third-party apps. The tray on the home page can contain 6 items instead of the usual four. And the button that takes you to your applications can be moved around. Pretty cool, and something usually not found outside third-party launchers.

So for me, even though the M8 is a really nice device, the LG G3 is better, and probably the best Android phone to date. It's a shame that so many people are married to Samsung or Apple. HTC and LG really have the best devices for 2014.

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Question is is there enough mystique to hold off on keeping it knowing the Note 4 is 2 months away.
That's hard to say, without knowing much about the improvements in the Note 4 over what is in the Note 3. At this point, I'm tired of the cheap plastic feel of Samsung phones, as well as the Touchwiz UI with all the gimmicks that slow the phone down. If the Note 4 has a more solid build, and if Touchwiz is toned down, and if there is something else worthwhile in the Note 4 over other phones, then maybe it might be interesting. But honestly, at this point, the main differentiators in phones boil down to screen size/quality, the UI, and build quality. Those are all areas where Samsung is behind. So I'm not particularly excited about a Note 4, unless they really break from the design language of previous Samsung phones. With the Samsung S5 though, I think we have at least some idea of where Samsung will go with the Note 4.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
That's hard to say, without knowing much about the improvements in the Note 4 over what is in the Note 3. At this point, I'm tired of the cheap plastic feel of Samsung phones, as well as the Touchwiz UI with all the gimmicks that slow the phone down. If the Note 4 has a more solid build, and if Touchwiz is toned down, and if there is something else worthwhile in the Note 4 over other phones, then maybe it might be interesting. But honestly, at this point, the main differentiators in phones boil down to screen size/quality, the UI, and build quality. Those are all areas where Samsung is behind. So I'm not particularly excited about a Note 4, unless they really break from the design language of previous Samsung phones. With the Samsung S5 though, I think we have at least some idea of where Samsung will go with the Note 4.
Well they usually tweak the screen and give it more functionality than the little brother. I'm seriously doubting the premium metal body though.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Those phone's both have great battery life. Actually the battery on my G3 is a little better than the battery on my M8. I find the G3 more fun to use. The interface appeals to me just a little more.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I thought the m8 was garbage to be honest. Camera was trash and hated the metal build on the body making it heavy and dent prone if dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12