Regarding Lag On The G3

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Ok fine it is not subjective ;) I just didn't want to ruffle any feathers of the folks on here that say there is no lag and that the speed is amazing. It simply is not. Which is why I am at an impasse.
And I tell you my phone has no LAG and it is fast on Verizon!!! So if I say I experience no lag ,you say I or we don't realize said lag. huh?

sent from my LG G3

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not subjective. Some people just tolerate it. It's the same with the Galaxy S5; it lags and stutters everywhere. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

I wish if manufactures were going to skin Android, they would thin it down like the HTC. Or, if they want to add "features", let them be uninstallable/disabled and available through the Play store.

I'd have to disagree with your top commen.... I exchanged my g3 for the s5 due to lag and stuttering. I've yet to experience any of that using the s5. I wanted the g3 to work. It's a gorgeous phone . I just don't know what was up with it. It was a night and day difference going to the s5.

I even picked up a HTC m8 on Craigslist same day just because I found a good deal and even that is way smoother than the g3 was for me. I'm sure with updates things will iron out but I was disappointed with it. I'm happy others are having a good experience I truly wish I did.

Posted via Android Central App

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
And I tell you my phone has no LAG and it is fast on Verizon!!! So if I say I experience no lag ,you say I or we don't realize said lag. huh?

sent from my LG G3

How's this...

I was being nice. The phone is slow. slow. slow. Like an HTC Hero or Galaxy Nexus. The LG G2 is really fast. LG is already addressing this with the "LG G3 Prime." Don't get snarky...jeez. I thought forums were about people helping each other..

LG G3 Prime officially announced as LG G3 Cat.6 [update] - AndroidPIT

EDIT: I guess I can also add... If there was not an issue with this phone being "laggy" or "choppy" then why is the net filled with "LG G3 lag" or "LG G3 slow / choppy" or some combination of that? Sheesh.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
How's this...

I was being nice. The phone is slow. slow. slow. Like an HTC Hero or Galaxy Nexus. The LG G2 is really fast. LG is already addressing this with the "LG G3 Prime." Don't get snarky...jeez. I thought forums were about people helping each other..

EDIT: I guess I can also add... If there was not an issue with this phone being "laggy" or "choppy" then why is the net filled with "LG G3 lag" or "LG G3 slow / choppy" or some combination of that? Sheesh.

Thanks for being nice

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
How's this...

Whatever makes you happy. As I stated Mines is near perfect. Bye.

sent from my LG G3

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site

sent from my LG G3

Would you be able to provide us a video to show us how your phone has no lag?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I didn't notice any difference in reducing the lag.. No lag compare to the s4 or s3. More like micro stutter like others have noted. I did notice my battery draining a whole lot faster changing that setting. I'm hoping a update will fix this issue.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather keep my knock-off ability and put up with the TINY amount of 'lag' on my device.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather keep my knock-off ability and put up with the TINY amount of 'lag' on my device.

I use to have nova on my galaxy phones paid version of course. I never had the need to put it on my LG g2, however this one is a different case. I would put nova if it didn't interfer with knock off.

llmgtab

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I use to have nova on my galaxy phones paid version of course. I never had the need to put it on my LG g2, however this one is a different case. I would put nova if it didn't interfer with knock off.

Try Screen off and Lock from the play store and assign to Nova's Double tap gesture. Works great!

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice any lag.
Stock launcher.
Disabled bloat.
No widgets. (hate them)

Ditto. I've been wondering what the heck people are talking about. I switched launcher just because I like customizing in Nova better, but there's NOTHING wrong with the stock launcher.

Davehow

Banned
Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I wish these manufacturers would simply get it right out of the box rather than leaving it up to us to debloat. Regular consumers aren't going to know about that. They're going to see jitters on a brand new phone and be disappointed. And I don't blame them. Motorola and Sony seem to be the only ones who get that, followed closely by HTC. Samsung and LG skins are too heavy.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
How's this...

Honestly, when you make arrogant comments like "the folks on here that say there is no lag and that the speed is amazing. It simply is not.", you should expect snark because you are putting people on the defensive. YOU may be having issues with YOUR G3, but that does not mean everyone is. Many people are not experiencing any of the lag or choppiness you're complaining about. Does that mean they are in denial or lying? No. It means your particular device is having an issue, either due to an app not playing nicely or you might have gotten a defective device. It happens.

Last edited:

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish these manufacturers would simply get it right out of the box rather than leaving it up to us to debloat. Regular consumers aren't going to know about that. They're going to see jitters on a brand new phone and be disappointed. And I don't blame them. Motorola and Sony seem to be the only ones who get that, followed closely by HTC. Samsung and LG skins are too heavy.

It has nothing to do with the manufacturers. It's the carriers that insist on filling devices with tons of crapware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax