Regarding Lag On The G3

nullqwerty

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
All....I've been reading *a lot* of posts where someone mentions lag on the G3. As someone who is highly interested in purchasing a G3, I have gone into the carrier stores on 3 occasions (Sprint and Verizon are both right next to my work). On all 3 occasions I immediately saw this lag, and I also immediately fixed it.

The lag is not due to the phone...it's just LG's launcher. I was swiping through the home screens and right away saw stutter and jitter. Pissed me off. So as a test I downloaded Nova Launcher on it and ran that instead (yes Play Store does work on demo phones). Perfect. Better than perfect... Super fast. Super smooth. If you're experiencing annoying lag, try downloading Nova Launcher. LG just hasn't optimized their launcher's code yet.

***EDIT*** After thinking about this, before jumping to the conclusion that it's the launcher, I've realized that it could also be a stock widget that causes lag, since when switching to Nova launcher, the stock widgets go away as well. If you're experiencing lag, something to try before switching launchers would be to remove any widgets you have running. Also, if you're running a live wallpaper, remove that as well as I've seen poorly written ones bring devices to a crawl.

Last edited:

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
All....I've been reading *a lot* of posts where someone mentions lag on the G3. As someone who is highly interested in purchasing a G3, I have gone into the carrier stores on 3 occasions (Sprint and Verizon are both right next to my work). On all 3 occasions I immediately saw this lag, and I also immediately fixed it.

The lag is not due to the phone...it's just LG's launcher. I was swiping through the home screens and right away saw stutter and jitter. Pissed me off. So as a test I downloaded Nova Launcher on it and ran that instead (yes Play Store does work on demo phones). Perfect. Better than perfect... Super fast. Super smooth. If you're experiencing annoying lag, try downloading Nova Launcher. LG just hasn't optimized their launcher's code yet.

thank god some 1 else has some knowledge.
yea there ui isnt as optimized as it is on lg g2. even tho g2 is bit lagy ui as well.
but using another home launcher fixes the lag.

but i prefer the lgs ui its just alot better even with lag. i just hope they brig out updates to shut us up.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Agreed streetkillin, thru LG UI is really great on the device. Qslide alone makes me want to stay with it. Might still root the phone, undecided.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't really notice any lag on mine, but then again my schedule isn't so tight that a nanosecond of time wasted it's going to throw my whole day off kilter. Peoples expectations are just too high sometimes. Plain and simple.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Theres times where apps take a while to load i get suck with a gray screen. I think its when i have alot apps running in background 8plus

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't really notice any lag on mine, but then again my schedule isn't so tight that a nanosecond of time wasted it's going to throw my whole day off kilter. Peoples expectations are just too high sometimes. Plain and simple.
Mine neither I notice not lag,

sent from my LG G3

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I know Nova made my phone faster and I don't even have a g3. Today I even switched back to my stock tw launcher, and I immediately noticed the lag...so Nova it is! Lol

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag on mine and I use the LG launcher for the widgets. First thing I do with a phone, though, is go to developer options and speed up animations.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Peoples expectations are just too high sometimes...

When you come from an older device, with an supposedly slower processor, that is silky smooth w/zero lag, and you fork out hundreds of $$ of your hard-earned money on a cutting-edge flagship, it's not too much to expect it to perform at least as well out of the box, IMO.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
ima make a video to show how slow it opens and loads some apps on the g3 between the g2. im sure if its because the apps arnt optimized for the screen or the processor?

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
this is all relative- i upgraded from a droid razr maxx that made me want to throw it on the ground and stomp on it. The G3 is an absolute delight & speed demon by comparison!

Sent from my VK810 4G using AC Forums mobile app

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Without a doubt this phone is much slower than the G2 and pretty much any high end phone out right now. The phone is amazing...I love the feature set, the button placement, and refined UI (G2 was just plain ugly). But it is ridiculous how laggy and choppy this device is. The animations remind me of my Gnex. I went to ATT to see if there was anything I could replace it with...but there isn't. I have shaky hands, so the camera is great. The M8 looks really nice and almost had me, but the camera...ugh. Anyhow, I wish they would fix this. No more lag chop slop!! :)

EDIT: I had the G2 before this...

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Right there with ya.

Coming from a Razr Maxx that I've liked but has to run Clean Master a few times a day to do simple things like texting, it'll be nice to experience this.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I totally understand what you mean...I had the Gnex ahhhhh... But the G2 is just soooo much faster. It's ridiculous that this phone is noticeably slower.

nullqwerty

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Without a doubt this phone is much slower than the G2 and pretty much any high end phone out right now. The phone is amazing...I love the feature set, the button placement, and refined UI (G2 was just plain ugly). But it is ridiculous how laggy and choppy this device is. The animations remind me of my Gnex. I went to ATT to see if there was anything I could replace it with...but there isn't. I have shaky hands, so the camera is great. The M8 looks really nice and almost had me, but the camera...ugh. Anyhow, I wish they would fix this. No more lag chop slop!! :)

EDIT: I had the G2 before this...

Jeffrey...Seriously, try Nova launcher if you haven't already. The difference is huge. Even when there isn't a speed difference I still use Nova. Best launcher out there, in my opinion.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have g3 on Verizon I got rid of extra screens and full page widgets. Disabled bloat and I am totally lag free on LG launcher. I'm normally a nova prime guy but always give stock launcher a chance. This is the best stock launcher I've used so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463