No wireless charging back at launch

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
This just kind of chapped my *** so I thought I'd ***** a little.....

The phone is capable of wireless charging. The previous model (Verizon) came with this feature. Yet there's still not an official back out yet. I know the circle case works but I'm not a case guy. The phone was announced long enough before launching to give manufacturers time to prepare. I guess I just don't understand what the hold up is of releasing it. Unless they think they'll sell more wired chargers if they delay it.

Hopefully it's released soon so I can return to my cord free life. That being said, what are your thoughts on wireless charging?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Know where to look you can find a back cover with and with out carrier branding. There selling long hot cakes on ebay. Also couple sights have just the pad you add to your own rear cover. And I love qi using my tylt charger uploadfromtaptalk1405992082354.jpg

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I thought I had seen someone talking about them. My only concern is that they're made of cheaper materials and may effect charging.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This just kind of chapped my *** so I thought I'd ***** a little.....

Hopefully it's released soon so I can return to my cord free life. That being said, what are your thoughts on wireless charging?

I love it, yes I know it's slower but I'm in no rush. It would've been even better if LG, like Samsung made the G3 waterproof. :)

Hopefully, in August 1 when it launches up here there will be accessories available, I'll even be happy if LG releases an Extra Battery Kit. I still have 50% off coupon. :)

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The vzw rep I talked to had no answer for the lack of accessories in general but said wireless charging is a lot slower. Can anyone confirm?

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes wireless is slower, but I only use my qi at night on my night stand table. Easy peasy... Lemon squeezeeee ;)

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There stock replacement parts same quilty as orginal door.
I thought I had seen someone talking about them. My only concern is that they're made of cheaper materials and may effect charging.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the FleaBay battery door. It should be here at the end of the week. Yes, wireless charging is slower, so what? I use it exclusively at night when I set my phone down to charge while I sleep. That's the point. In the dark, I don't have to figure out how to line up the stupid micro USB connector to plug it in. The connector is where Android phones fail and iPhones 5+ win. The lightning connector on the iPhone 5 and 5S is one of the best inventions. I wish other manufacturers would come up with a better connector that's capable of being inserted either way. Since they haven't/won't the wireless charger is a great alternative, and the back at $32 on FleaBay, is worth the price. That is, as long as it works. (I'm on Verizon, not AT&T.)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Im wanting the manget style chargers. Those are nice.
Just ordered the FleaBay battery door. It should be here at the end of the week. Yes, wireless charging is slower, so what? I use it exclusively at night when I set my phone down to charge while I sleep. That's the point. In the dark, I don't have to figure out how to line up the stupid micro USB connector to plug it in. The connector is where Android phones fail and iPhones 5+ win. The lightning connector on the iPhone 5 and 5S is one of the best inventions. I wish other manufacturers would come up with a better connector that's capable of being inserted either way. Since they haven't/won't the wireless charger is a great alternative, and the back at $32 on FleaBay, is worth the price. That is, as long as it works. (I'm on Verizon, not AT&T.)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Know where to look you can find a back cover with and with out carrier branding. There selling long hot cakes on ebay. Also couple sights have just the pad you add to your own rear cover. And I love qi using my tylt charger View attachment 128710

White, gold, or for the F400. That's all there is. Neither will look good on the black metallic version. Plus....134 bucks for the gold one?? They can keep it for that price.

I'm sure they will have OEM backs out soon.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The $134 means it is out of stock. Itll go down when he gets stock
White, gold, or for the F400. That's all there is. Neither will look good on the black metallic version. Plus....134 bucks for the gold one?? They can keep it for that price.

I'm sure they will have OEM backs out soon.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Does the wireless cover add extra bulk to the phone like the S5 cover does to it?

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app
Do not hold me to this being mine has not come in yet, but people on XDA say not.

There is also a thread on XDA where a guy ordered the white one and simply pulled the Qi/NFC sticker off and stuck it on his stock Gray back. All of the picks just show a different sticker so it should be the same depth.

Sent from my LG-D851

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Do not hold me to this being mine has not come in yet, but people on XDA say not.

There is also a thread on XDA where a guy ordered the white one and simply pulled the Qi/NFC sticker off and stuck it on his stock Gray back. All of the picks just show a different sticker so it should be the same depth.

Sent from my LG-D851

Now that's an idea!

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Now that's an idea!
I'm mobile or I would link you, but it is on the G3 accessories forum. Not a carrier version, just plain old G3. Guy showed pics of before and after, looks really simple. He also said he was very rough with it and had no issues.

Sent from my LG-D851

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm mobile or I would link you, but it is on the G3 accessories forum. Not a carrier version, just plain old G3. Guy showed pics of before and after, looks really simple. He also said he was very rough with it and had no issues.

Sent from my LG-D851

That's ok. I think I'm going to get one and try it...I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks man for the insight!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Theres a place online u can buy the sticker for $10 cheaper then buying a whole cover.
That's ok. I think I'm going to get one and try it...I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks man for the insight!

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The vzw rep I talked to had no answer for the lack of accessories in general but said wireless charging is a lot slower. Can anyone confirm?

I use Qi charging daily on my Nexus 7, and until I got the G3, on my Galaxy S4.

Yes wireless is slower, however the convenience of charging it by just sitting it down means I'm always topping it off when not using it. Because of that, it never really needs to charge much.

I am always am near a charging pad... have them in several rooms in my house, on my nightstand and on my desk at work.

However my wife who let's her phone get down to 20% before she charges hates the slower wireless charging because she would have to leave the phone on the charging pad for hours ... not happening during the day.

So... as soon as I can find a decent replacement Qi back for my G3, I am getting one...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11