just ditched my gs5 for this LG G3

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you extrapolate on this a little.... I'm considering switching from the note 3 myself....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

I used to have the note 3 before I got the g3. I loved my note and didn't think I would give it up, but the lag started to become really noticeable for me. This phone has all the features that the note has more or less, just without the pen. It will still allow you to draw on pictures and pull up mini apps and the like.

But I'll probably end up with the note 4 when it comes out.

Posted via Android Central App

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Some dude from England introduced it to the forums, and it unfortunately is spreading!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!👍

Yes very British word that seems to be all over the place now. I use it all the time and my boyfriend hates it. Fits perfectly though. Everything has little niggles about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I used to have the note 3 before I got the g3. I loved my note and didn't think I would give it up, but the lag started to become really noticeable for me. This phone has all the features that the note has more or less, just without the pen. It will still allow you to draw on pictures and pull up mini apps and the like.

But I'll probably end up with the note 4 when it comes out.

Same here almost down to the letter except while in certainly curious about the Note 4. It would have to be really something special to switch. For me the G3 is better suited.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The note 3 was a nice device but the lag got worse as time went on and the camera was way too slow had to check photos after taking a shot to make sure it was not blurry. The size of the two devices is day and night with the G3 being the winner.

The photos I definitely agree on... As for lag I use Nova and don't see any on my Note 3.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious where the word "niggles" originated from....

Glad you love the g3!

Hi

Its pretty British to be honest, personally I use the word a lot to describe my step children!

Regarding the GS5 the niggles were very tiresome and vexed me.

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Genuinely curious Danny, what were the things that bothered you most about the GS5?

Hi there, here goes;

Overheating and battery drain

While recording video it kept freezing

Press headphone button to pause or skip and the song paused or skipped about 40 seconds later!

Stutter and lag

Could go on but why be cruel!

goombatommy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, here goes;

Press headphone button to pause or skip and the song paused or skipped about 40 seconds later!

Stutter and lag

Could have just been a faulty unit.

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am seeing the screen dimming issue as well like 75% of the time just doing basic stuff like emails Facebook and text. It's getting annoying and am starting to debate to go back to s5

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I like this phone a lot , I still think the note 3 is one of the best phones of all times, I hate my s5 and I'm selling it (shameless plug) and still on the fence if I will keep my htc one m8. The screen comparison between the s5 and the g3, the s5 has a brightest screen. still waiting on the note 4 to see what changes it bring. honestly I didn't want to get the lg g3 because I think the flagship phone should be around the 5in mark and the big brother or phablet should be the 5.5 to 57in range but its working so far just need to order the extra battery charging kit and I'm good.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I like this phone a lot , I still think the note 3 is one of the best phones of all times, I hate my s5 and I'm selling it (shameless plug) and still on the fence if I will keep my htc one m8. The screen comparison between the s5 and the g3, the s5 has a brightest screen. still waiting on the note 4 to see what changes it bring. honestly I didn't want to get the lg g3 because I think the flagship phone should be around the 5in mark and the big brother or phablet should be the 5.5 to 57in range but its working so far just need to order the extra battery charging kit and I'm good.

Interesting thing.
The M8 is taller and the S5 is just as wide.
It's not a whole lot bigger than the LG G2.

I thought it would feel bigger coming from an S4 but it doesn't.
When the screen is on it looks HUGE.
I was hesitant until I saw it also.

I was really left with only one choice.
I don't like the M8 because the front isn't clean. You can't have a top to bottom screen protector and the edge of a sceen protector would drive me crazy.
The S5 is not an option because I've grown to hate Samsung and KNOX.
Leaves only the G3 or the Sony, but the Sony is not on Verizon.... G3.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Interesting thing.
The M8 is taller and the S5 is just as wide.
It's not a whole lot bigger than the LG G2.

I thought it would feel bigger coming from an S4 but it doesn't.
When the screen is on it looks HUGE.
I was hesitant until I saw it also.

I was really left with only one choice.
I don't like the M8 because the front isn't clean. You can't have a top to bottom screen protector and the edge of a sceen protector would drive me crazy.
The S5 is not an option because I've grown to hate Samsung and KNOX.
Leaves only the G3 or the Sony, but the Sony is not on Verizon.... G3.

Yeah I was very disappointed with the s5; from now on I'm only doing notes from Samsung I starting to move away from them but still have the gear and gear 2 watch even though I use it on m y Lg G3 its not the same. I think the LG G3 is a good phone just waiting to see what the note series will show. The only reason I keep my HTC one m8 the speakers are very loud great for youtube videos and movies.

BIGGY

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, here goes;

Stutter and lag

Hmm, since the time I posted my question I tinkered with both phones. For me personally, the S5 worked better even though I think the design of the G3 is way more stunning. I just got my S5 less than a week ago. I have had no issues with anything you mentioned. Wonder if it might have been an app or the unit itself as someone mentioned. Either way if the G3 works for you then great!

I think once the G3s comes out or G4 I'll come back and take another look in the next year or so.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Note 3 and the G3 is a far superior device in my opinion!

How so? I own a note 3 and I am thinking about switching. Does the lg g3 seem faster? I haven't owned an android since DROID X (I phones in between) and I feel like my note 3/android is sluggish. Is the g3 a lot smoother?