just ditched my gs5 for this LG G3

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I would say hi! Received my g3 yesterday after getting totally sick of my gs5 all the niggles that were present with that seem fine with this! Only things I preferred with the Samsung were it was light very light and also I preferred the screen this can look a bit washed out.

Its lovely to see some battery life remaining the Samsung would get so hot and drain so quickly.

All the best

Posted via Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Super AMOLED screens are very nice, I must say. I actually prefer a phone with a little weight to it. I have an original PSP and, compared to the PSP slim, it "feels" better in the hands. The G3 is about perfect.

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating between the GS5 and the G3 right now. I have about another week to go with my G3 until the trial period ends. So far, I'm very torn. Starting to lean towards the G3 though, the screen size is a big draw for me especially since the G3 isn't that much bigger than the GS5.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This will be interesting come August 1 when it launches up here.

I can't wait to compare the Displays because I had the M8 & Z2 and the S5 killed it...almost forgot, IMO. LOL

Besides the battery, display, performance, etc. What I love about is not only the Size is perfect but it offers both Wireless Charging & it's Waterproof.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Super AMOLED screens are very nice, I must say. I actually prefer a phone with a little weight to it. I have an original PSP and, compared to the PSP slim, it "feels" better in the hands. The G3 is about perfect.

Completely disagree, but that's the thing. You're in 1 of two camps with AMOLED screens. Either you love them or hate them. There's no in-between. I hate them. They hurt my eyes. I love the softer look of the G3.

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It's funny how your eyes get used to something and when you switch, your eyes notice it. I have a 100" screen with a 1080p projector and I was completely blown away by the picture. A month later, it didn't seem that big a deal. I have a Samsung 10" note tablet and I love the screen, but it took me a couple of days to adjust my eyes to my G3. Now, I love the more natural looking G3 over a Samsung screen.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you go into accessibility, color adjustment you can change the colors.. I did this and much happier.. Here's a screen shot of my settings.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1406065681462.jpg
    1406065681462.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 143

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
If you go into accessibility, color adjustment you can change the colors.. I did this and much happier.. Here's a screen shot of my settings.

I put mine there as well. Makes the blacks look deeper, IMO.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This will be interesting come August 1 when it launches up here.

I can't wait to compare the Displays because I had the M8 & Z2 and the S5 killed it...almost forgot, IMO. LOL

Besides the battery, display, performance, etc. What I love about is not only the Size is perfect but it offers both Wireless Charging & it's Waterproof.

IF WE EVER GET IT.... ; <

it's July 23rd.. and nothing from any of the carriers.. I held off on the GS5 for the G3.... been using my backup phone for 2 months now... gotta get back on the android kick... ; <

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Starting to swing back towards keeping the GS5 and returning the G3. I like the G3 a lot but I find it to be a little too big. While watching movies and surfing is great on the larger screen, I find it more difficult to use the G3 with one hand.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious where the word "niggles" originated from....

Glad you love the g3!

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how your eyes get used to something and when you switch, your eyes notice it. I have a 100" screen with a 1080p projector and I was completely blown away by the picture. A month later, it didn't seem that big a deal. I have a Samsung 10" note tablet and I love the screen, but it took me a couple of days to adjust my eyes to my G3. Now, I love the more natural looking G3 over a Samsung screen.

100" @ 1080p? You must love huge pixels. I can't stand 1080p on anything bigger than 24" on 48" or more it has to be 4K otherwise it is Atari all over again.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

That font makes my brain hurt....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The note 3 was a nice device but the lag got worse as time went on and the camera was way too slow had to check photos after taking a shot to make sure it was not blurry. The size of the two devices is day and night with the G3 being the winner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000