Regular charging question

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to get this phone this week, maybe even today, if possible.

I was wondering about regular charging as well as when I first get it as in my experience they usually come to you at different points such as 30%, half full, etc

Is it better to let it charge to full once it goes under 50%, only charge it to 80%, etc?

I know the new batteries are much better then they used to be and coming from a Razr Maxx that didn't have a removable battery, I can switch if needed. I do want to help this one last as long as possible though.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Usually, the batteries are at about 60% out of the box.
As you said, batteries these days are much better and do not require any special handling.
Just charge it when you want and all is good. :)

Mav. :cool:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Some say that there is an ideal way to charge batteries to maximise the life, but I always charge to 100% when it gets lowish. Even if it shortens the life compared to any ideal way of doing it, what's the big deal? You can always buy a new battery when the old one's wearing out.

Posted via Android Central App

NJD_fan

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone!

Can read up, research, review, etc to death which I don't want to do because it can be overwhelming.

Something I did forget to ask, what did you all do about insurance?

I used to have Asurion, but wanted to try out Best Buy's when I got my Razr Maxx.

For $9 it was so awesome as all I had to do was bring my phone, regardless of what state it was in, to file a claim. If it was still usable, i'd wait till they got a replacement in and otherwise I got a loaner.

Didn't have to pay a deductible or anything which was even better.

They don't offer that any longer but the fact that if it gets stolen i'd be up a creek, worried me.

Think i'll be going back to Asurion, but was wondering if that's what everyone else got?

Know Best Buy has SquareTrade which I don't know as much about. What's your experiences with them?

Thanks!

Brian

fedxup

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm usually pretty anal about not charging till I get below 10% and letting fully charge, but sounds like newer batteries don't require that? I stayed at work an extra 1/2 hour yesterday waiting for it to fully charge, which in total ended up taking 5 freaking hours.